Web App Builder - Configure Basemap Gallery - spatial reference

Jump to solution
03-03-2017 06:36 AM
AndySchmidt
New Contributor II

In ArcGIS online Web App Builder in the Configure Basemap Gallery I get a spatial reference error when adding a pass through service for a basemap "The basemap you are adding has a different spatial reference from the current map"  Previous maps/web apps built using web app builder display the services but I cannot create new base map services to new web apps.  The projections are the same.  Has anyone found a workaround or is this a bug with the recent update to ArcGIS Online. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
20 Replies
RamezRafatVolue
New Contributor II

From what I understand, it is not enough that the projection/datum is the same if wanting to change basemaps. The tiling schemes must also be the same.  ESRI's tiling schemes usually are 256x256.  I have not had success with changing to a basemap (with vector tiles) with tiling scheme of 512x512 without making the Web AppBuilder app from scratch.  This is possible in Web Map but not in Web AppBuilder in a easy way.  I hope ESRI will give us this option also in WAB (and not forget that not all can migrate to Experience Builder before we have the relevant widgets we need there)!!

0 Kudos