Web App Builder 7.4\2.15: How to get the “coordinates” expanded by default?

03-17-2020 04:59 AM
JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor

Web App Builder 7.4\2.15: How to get the “coordinates” expanded by default?

I couldn’t figure out how to get the “coordinates” expanded by default.

----------------------------------------
Jamal Numan
Geomolg Geoportal for Spatial Information
Ramallah, West Bank, Palestine
17 Replies
Egge-Jan_Pollé
MVP Regular Contributor

Hi Jamal NUMAN,

It sounds strange to me that the Coordinate widget is not expanded by default. In my case it is (and it always has been, whenever I added this widget to an app).

I don't see no option to configure it to be collapsed by default - see screen capture below.

So, something else is wrong in your case. Maybe an issue with the projection of the map? What is the projection of your map?

You could also have a look here: Coordinate widget—Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS | Documentation 

BR,

Egge-Jan

MajdoleenO_A__Awadallah
Occasional Contributor III

Dear Egge-Jan,

Thank you for your reply, I tried it and got the same behavior as Jamal, but I noted that when you start a new WAB, the coordinates expanded by default (as shown in the first screen shoot), but when you change the WKID of the map, the coordinates will not expand, What do you think? and how to get the “coordinates” expanded by default when changing the WKID?

Thank you

Best

Majdoleen

RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

All,

It is not possible to have the coordinate widget expand by default when your webmap uses a coordinate system that is not Geographic or WebMercator. The coordinate widget use the webmercatorutils class to automatically convert the mouse coordinates if the map is in geographic or webmercator, but if not it requires a mouse click to get the coordinates.

Egge-Jan_Pollé
MVP Regular Contributor

Hi Robert Scheitlin, GISP,

How come? I tend not to agree... See my reaction to Majdoleen Awadallah‌ below.

All my data is in RD_New (https://epsg.io/28992), a Cartesian projection, and the Coordinate widget in my apps works as designed, showing the correct coordinates all the time when I hover around. ( And of course I can also use the 'click trick' when needed to obtain the coordinates of a specific location.)

What do you think? Am I wrong or...

BR,

Egge-Jan

RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Egge-Jan,

No you are correct if you are not trying to display a WKID that is different from your webmaps wkid then it will work fine.

MajdoleenO_A__Awadallah
Occasional Contributor III

Does this mean that in our case  (WKID=28191) their is no option to get the “coordinates” expanded by default? I couldn't understand why this behavior is appeared now, I tried to use the WAB in 2015 and the coordinates was expanded by default when using our WKID, you can see the attached screenshot from 2015.

also you can visit this site for one of our municipalities, ArcGIS Web Application 

they using the same WKID and the coordinates is expanded by default.

Best

Majdoleen

RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Majdoleen,

It all comes down to what is the WebMaps WKID (i.e. what is the WKID of the basemap used in the webmap) and what WKID you are attempting to show in the coordinate widget. If they are the same then the widget will show the mouse coordinates by default. If the widget has to project the mouse coordinates then it does not show the mouse coordinates and requires you to click on the map.

JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor

Very confusing!

If you use 28191, then the coordinates are not expanded with WAB 7.4\2.15

The site below is using 28191, nevertheless, the coordinates are expanded by default

https://ramallahm.maps.arcgis.com/apps/webappviewer/index.html?id=0fd256a1448b492298fce0ec238f1f39

----------------------------------------
Jamal Numan
Geomolg Geoportal for Spatial Information
Ramallah, West Bank, Palestine
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Jamal,

That is because as I mentioned in my last reply that particular site is using a basemap which is in WKID 28191. So as long as the basmap and the coordinater widgets display are in the same WKID then the coordinate widget will be expanded by default. If you are use esri basemaps the the basemaps WKID is 102100.