We need popups on raster layers

02-18-2016 02:12 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

We need popups on raster layers in WebApp Builder. I have the 1.2 vers. We have an online map on our Org account with several DEM rasters. I want a popup so I can see the elevation value for each pixel.   Is this not yet supported with AGOL and/or WAB?  Will it be?  Thank you for all replies and advice.

2 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Enabling Pop-up for a Raster Layer

Anyone else looking for this?  The use case is very simple but important. Most people probably just want it to get elevation from a DEM or a DSM (surface model).  Could also be useful for intensity values for other bands, maybe NIR or other multispectral for agricultural or other uses. 

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi folks,

Anyone know if it's possible to implement or 'hack' this idea into the WebApp Builder sites? Via the online popups powered from the webmap off AGOL?

What I've done for all my WebApp Builder viewers, to make them super-user-discoverable and easy to use, is enable popups for all layers. On the webmap on AGOL.

I'd like my elevation DEM raster and other elev rasters to behave just like this, with values in the popup. The backend code might be different but I'd like it to be transparent for users. I know the following example could probably be coded into its own widget, but that would be too complex for users.

I created a popup using pixel value here -  Identify cell value with Popup in a mapServer raster

but it would be great if this was integrated in to regular AGOL web map popups.

Javascript Api Identify Raster pixel value

Our users need things to popup from clicking by default at the startup of the map viewer, without any looking for any kind of Identify button. The AGOL popups turned on by default have been a huge hit, and  our users LOVE it.    Now if we have it for rasters we will be complete in terms of identifying!

Javascript Api Identify Raster pixel value