WABde 2.6 wont start...

11-12-2017 03:19 AM
ErikLanhammar
Esri Contributor

Hello,

So Im trying to run wabde 2.6 on my local machine but I get an error message re body-parser deprecated...

Some googling suggested using below...

app.use(bodyParser.urlencoded({  extended: true}));

...before calls to app.use(bodyParser....) in server.js .

Tried it but without success. Any ideas how to solve this?

Rgds,

/Erik

Starting node from commando prompt:

C:\Archive\ESRI\wabde\wabde26_oktober download\WebAppBuilderForArcGIS\server>node_x64.exe server.js -port=3344
body-parser deprecated bodyParser: use individual json/urlencoded middlewares server.js:206:11
body-parser deprecated undefined extended: provide extended option node_modules\body-parser\index.js:105:29
Server listening tcp connection on port 3344 in development mode
[2017-11-12 11:50:26.670] [INFO] repo - Read repository items: C:\Archive\ESRI\wabde\wabde26_oktober download\WebAppBuilderForArcGIS\client\stemapp\widgets
events.js:141
throw er; // Unhandled 'error' event
^

Error: listen EACCES 0.0.0.0:3344
at Object.exports._errnoException (util.js:873:11)
at exports._exceptionWithHostPort (util.js:896:20)
at Server._listen2 (net.js:1237:19)
at listen (net.js:1286:10)
at Server.listen (net.js:1382:5)
at Object.<anonymous> (C:\Archive\ESRI\wabde\wabde26_oktober download\WebAppBuilderForArcGIS\server\server.js:115:23)
at Module._compile (module.js:409:26)
at Object.Module._extensions..js (module.js:416:10)
at Module.load (module.js:343:32)
at Function.Module._load (module.js:300:12)

0 Kudos
14 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Erik,

That is not an error it is just a warning that has been there since 2.5. It will not prevent the app from working properly.

0 Kudos
ErikLanhammar
Esri Contributor

Robert,

Thanks for your reply. Node never starts, and the dos window shuts down. I have had wabde installed for a month or so and it used to work (the dos window would stay open and I could see calls to wab in it). But now it shuts down a few secs after I right click it and select Run as Admin... The default browser starts to call http://<mymachine.domain>:3344/webappbuilder but without hitting node...

/Erik

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Erik,

I have not seen the:

[2017-11-12 11:50:26.670] [INFO] repo - Read repository items: C:\Archive\ESRI\wabde\wabde26_oktober download\WebAppBuilderForArcGIS\client\stemapp\widgets
events.js:141
throw er; // Unhandled 'error' event

Do you have a widget that has a events.js file?

0 Kudos
ErikLanhammar
Esri Contributor

Sorry, no events.js in the ...\client\stemapp\widgets folder.

/E

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Erik,

Sounds like a corruption of your WAB install. You should re-install WAB. If you are wanting to save some apps from you now defunct WAB then make sure to install the fresh version using a different folder name then the previous one, that way you can copy the server db folder and apps folder from the old to the new.

0 Kudos
ErikLanhammar
Esri Contributor

OK, I did that, the location: C:\Archive\ESRI\wabde\wabde26_oktober download\WebAppBuilderForArcGIS\.. is my second download attempt, since the original WABde I have in C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\wabde\arcgis-web-appbuilder-2.6\WebAppBuilderForArcGIS started to behave...funny...

But Ill redo the whole thing and see if I can find out whats wrong...

/E

0 Kudos
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

I would also try to avoid spaces in your path name.   (e.g.  the space between oktober and download)

0 Kudos
ErikLanhammar
Esri Contributor

So I downloaded again, but the same result...  Here's what it looks like when I run startup.bat. I added a '& Pause' at the end of line 30 in startup.bat just to make the window stay open, without it the window shuts down after 5 secs.

What is going on?!

Rgds/

Erik

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Erik,

As a test try moving the WAB app out of the Program Files folder to just the root of the C:\