WAB Near Me Widget

07-21-2016 10:35 AM
Fahad_Dalbouh
New Contributor II

Good Afternoon All,

I Have a question about NearMe widge. After, the Near Me Widget reports the list of features within it's buffer distance, I decided to move to another widget, but the buffere and the symbols still floats and I couldn't know how to trurn them off. 

Is it possible to control them on the widget configuratio.

Any help is appreciated.

23 Replies
JunshanLiu
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Lindsay,

Could you help have a look?

0 Kudos
LindsayThomas
Esri Contributor

Yes, this is an issue in Near Me and we have fixed it. We have added the ability to clear the widget results\graphics in the next release by 1) using the "X" button in the Search dialog and 2) clearning the results\graphics when the widget is closed. 

This fix will be available in the Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS in the September 2016 Release and it will be available in the next version of Web AppBuilder (Developer Edition) 2.2 . 

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Lindsay,

What do you think about adding a simple clear link to the widget that way you can clear the buffer and layers definition query without having to close the widget?

0 Kudos
LindsayThomas
Esri Contributor

Hi Robert, 

The fix we implemented is clearing the widget results\graphics on " widget close" or using the "X" on the search UI. 

However, the "X" in the search UI is only available to use when the user of the widget "types in" a search address vs. clicking on the map to "set location" in the widget. 

In the post-September Release, I would like to try to have the "X" in the Search Widget always available to clear the results\graphics, regardless if search is used or "set location" is used. 

Would that enhancement meet your requirements?

-Lindsay

0 Kudos
DavidColey
Frequent Contributor

Hi Lindsay, yes that would certainly meet my requirements as long the interactive 'set location' case is returning either an address or x,y much as the search dialog does in the Directions widget upon interactively setting a location-

Thanks-

David

RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Lindsay,

Just on developers opinion, but I would like to see a Clear Link or button on the widget like other WAB Widgets. Having the X on the Search dijit would indicate that it is specific to that dijit and not the widgets results/buffer.

LindsayThomas
Esri Contributor

Thanks @dcoley and @rscheitlin. 

0 Kudos
DavidColey
Frequent Contributor

I thought i might be on the right track re itemList,  thanks I'll get this tested right away

0 Kudos
DavidColey
Frequent Contributor

Yes this works as expected, thanks Robert.  If I'm following the logic correctly, this reads if the the _itemListObject and the _itemListObject selected layers are not null (not an empty array) then reset the object back to null for every layer at a given index . . .

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

David,

Ultimately what it does is it removed the layer definition that was applied to the layer when you use the widgets "Only the selected layer in the search results will draw on map"

0 Kudos