WAB create/print report with attributes and attachments from multiple features?

02-17-2020 07:12 AM
WesleyCollins
New Contributor II

Hello all,

I have been working on a solution to this problem for several weeks on my own and through research. I have made some cool discoveries along the way, but I am still not where I need to be. 

We have tons of environmental and geospatial data related to surface disturbance collected for our client. We have been reporting this data as needed for regulatory purposes, however I want to give the client the ability to create automated reports in WAB using the data we have collected. I have used the screening tool, as well as some WAB developer edition widgets, however none of them seem to have the capability I need, or our database is not setup correctly to do what I want to do. 

The issue is that we have a feature class of seasonal photopoints that are distributed within the surface disturbances where photo's. Each season, a point is created and photos are attached in Collector. I need to be able to select and report on attributes within and individual surface disturbance, while also selecting an individual photopoint and printing those attachments on the same report. All of the reports in WAB/survey123 seem to utilize an HTML in the code to link photos, but since I want to automate this procedure that simply makes no sense as there are dozens of photopoints per surface disturbance with 4 photos per point, and hundreds of surface disturbances.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
7 Replies
TanuHoque
Esri Regular Contributor

hi Wesley Collins‌,

we have 2 blog posts on this topic. please check whether any of them will help you. and we can go from there.

Thanks

WesleyCollins
New Contributor II

Thank you for the reply Tanu. Unfortunately I do not think either of those options will solve my issue.

We have a layer which is specifically for adding points with attached photos. The problem I have is accessing the photos to print, not the attributes. 

Thanks,

Wes

0 Kudos
TanuHoque
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Wesley Collins‌,

My apologies for the delay.

Reports in ArcGIS Pro now supports attachments (images only). Here is the help topic: https://www.esri.com/arcgis-blog/products/arcgis-enterprise/mapping/print-reports-from-arcgis-enterp...

Could you pls give this a try and see whether it works for you?

Thanks.

Tanu

WesleyCollins
New Contributor II

Hi Tanu, Thanks for your continued attention to this question. We will need to get our server updated because we are running 10.5 at the moment, so I may need to revisit this in a couple of weeks. I definitely need/want this capability, so the fact that you are telling me it is available is very encouraging. I did not see a reference to photo's in the blog post you shared, unless I am missing something. Is there any specific blogs referencing attachments?

Thanks so much,

Wes

0 Kudos
TanuHoque
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Wes,

No problem.

I did not see a reference to photo's in the blog post you shared, unless I am missing something. Is there any specific blogs referencing attachments?

urgh. my bad! copy/paste error.

I meant to send this help link: Attachment report elements—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation 

Yes, you are right - the attachment info is not there in the blog post. When we wrote the blog, Report didn't have attachment capability. We will either update the blog or create a new one for this.

Thanks.

Tanu

cc: Scott M. MacDonald

WesleyCollins
New Contributor II

Excellent!!!! This is what I have been looking for. I will get working on updating server and revisit this topic if I have issues deploying. 

Thanks a bunch!!!

Wes

TanuHoque
Esri Regular Contributor

one other thing, you need to use ArcGIS Pro 2.5 or newer while authoring your report file. And on the server side, you need ArcGIS Enterprise 10.8 or newerer.