Using other JS libraries

Jump to solution
07-22-2015 06:46 AM
FlorianCADOZ
Occasional Contributor

Hello everybody !

I would like to make available an external JS library for all widgets so I followed this documentation here but I did not manage to implement ... My library is not recovered !
It is functional forall because I managed to use it for a single widget but my problem is to make it available for all I am afraid that the doc is not updated or I forget something!

Someone could refer me about the procedure?
thank you in advance !

0 Kudos
11 Replies
MatejVrtich
Esri Contributor

Florian,

By putting window.path + 'libs/canvasjs/canvasjs.js' into the resources array in init.js file, the WAB should load the canvasjs.js file from the libs/canvasjs folder relative to the init.js file.

So, the init.js file configuration should be fine.

I am not sure with the custom widget sample code snippet you send.

What does the [...] and 'CanvasJS' in define mean?

Your custom widget doesn't need to load CanvasJS dependency, because the CanvasJS should be already available at global scope.

Your custom widget:

define([

'dojo/_base/declare',

'jimu/BaseWidget'

], function (declare, BaseWidget) {

return declare([BaseWidget], {

startup: function() {

console.log('CanvasJS=', CanvasJS);

}

});

});

FlorianCADOZ
Occasional Contributor

Oh ?! I just created a new application to see if there wasn't a problem with the file's refreshing system and on this new application it works perfectly! (not a caching problem, I clean all my navigator's files after this discovery but didn't work with the first app)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[...] mean that there wasn't significant text and the canvasjs in the define it was a mistake by myself !

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This behavior is strange but anyway thank you very much for your help!