Updated symbology in hosted feature layer not reflecting in WebApp map

Jump to solution
06-22-2021 08:19 AM
GISLearner
New Contributor III

I have a webapp map that contains multiple layers and some of those layers' data are updated weekly or monthly. Never causes an issue. This time, I updated the symbology of one layer, but the symbology is not reflected on the webapp map. When the layer is turned on, the update before updating the symbology appears. I've tried removing the layer widget and adding it back, but that doesn't do anything. Any help on how to fix this would be highly appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Okay. This is a bit confusing with what you have, and what you want to do.

How do you want the updated hosted feature layer to be reflected in the Web Application, if you are not using that layer in the "customized" webmap.

Also please add a few snapshots to help us understand the scenario.

**Edit: If you have used Hosted Feature Layer Views in the custom web maps, the symbology of the views should also be changed (Item Details Page of the View > Visualization Tab).

Think Location

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
11 Replies
AnnaStam
New Contributor III

I've had this same issue and I had to remove the layer and re-add it in the web map itself.

0 Kudos
GISLearner
New Contributor III

How did you remove the layer from the web map itself? By un-checking it from "Choose which layers will be shown on the list" or did you do something else?

0 Kudos
AnnaStam
New Contributor III

You have to open the web map from ArcGIS Online, then click the three dots next to the layer in question and press Remove.

0 Kudos
GISLearner
New Contributor III

The layer is working well in the AGOL web map, but not the map I built via WebApp Builder. On the WebApp Builder, the layer list doesn't provide the option to remove the layer.

0 Kudos
AnnaStam
New Contributor III

So the updated symbology is reflected on the AGOL web map? If the WebApp Builder is using that web map, it should display the updated symbology on there as well. I would just remove and re-add the layer in the web map just to be safe - and if it's still not working within WAB then I would try clearing the cache as @JayantaPoddar below suggested.

0 Kudos
GISLearner
New Contributor III

The WebApp Builder isn't using that web map, it's using a customized web map not related to any layer. (I just want the points to show up on the webapp builder map with updated symbology). There are other layers and team can turn on/off layers depending on what info they want to see.

0 Kudos
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Okay. This is a bit confusing with what you have, and what you want to do.

How do you want the updated hosted feature layer to be reflected in the Web Application, if you are not using that layer in the "customized" webmap.

Also please add a few snapshots to help us understand the scenario.

**Edit: If you have used Hosted Feature Layer Views in the custom web maps, the symbology of the views should also be changed (Item Details Page of the View > Visualization Tab).

Think Location
0 Kudos
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Another thing to check if the issue is faced by other users (working on different machine). If not, the issue could be due to browser cache. In this case, clearing the browser cache should also solve the issue.

Think Location
0 Kudos
GISLearner
New Contributor III

Other users face the same issue and I tried clearing the browser cache as well as opening in incognito mode. It still didn't update

0 Kudos