Update LayerList Widget in response to layer visibility changes

Jump to solution
01-02-2015 01:30 PM
MaxMcCosham
New Contributor III

Hello,

I was wondering if it is possible to configure the LayerList Widget to update/refresh in response to layer visibility changes. I currently have programmed the Query Widget to toggle the visibility of ArcGIS Online web map layers based on query results. The LayerList Widget correctly shows which layers are visible when the widget is opened for the first time. It will also update with any layers that are added or removed using the Query Widget. If the LayerList has already been opened, visibility changes are not reflected in the list (For example, if Layer 1 is hidden and Layer 2 is set to visible, Layer 1 is still left checked in the list of layers). Does the LayerList Widget have to be modified to listen for layer visibility changes after it has been opened?

Max

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
LemaoWu
Esri Contributor

Hi Max,

This is not supported in Layer List widget currently. It's a known issue. Hope it can be fixed ASAP.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
shanmuga_sundaramMasanam
New Contributor

Hi

Any one have some details? I am also looking for same..

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Max,

You need to contact esri tech support and enter an enhancement request.

0 Kudos
RomanChueh
New Contributor III

Max,

I am having a similar issue, have you had any luck finding a solution for it?

0 Kudos
LemaoWu
Esri Contributor

Hi Max,

This is not supported in Layer List widget currently. It's a known issue. Hope it can be fixed ASAP.

MaxMcCosham
New Contributor III

Thanks for the update! I ended up proceeding without using the layer list widget, but will watch for any changes in the next version.

0 Kudos