Unable to Load Web Map for WAB - Status 403.0

11-26-2015 07:22 AM
MeleKoneya
Occasional Contributor III

We are using Web App Builder.    The web map is in AGOL and on my local machine when I open the app it prompts me for a user name and password to access AGOL.    I have a proxy set up on my local machine with our organization AGOL URL in it.     When we moved the WAB to another server,  we no longer get prompted with a login but instead get a 403 error in Fiddler which states that the user does not have access to the resource on AGOL.   Is there a setting I need to configure on the web server to get the proxy to work the same as it does on my machine? 

I am not concerned about the login requirement as I plan to capture that information when the user starts a session,  but am confused as to why I can't even get the login on the server that I get on my local machine.

Is there a permissions setting on the proxy?   I noticed that on my machine the proxy application is set to anonymous, but as I do not have direct access to the web server I am not sure of its setting.

Thanks for any assistance in solving this issue

Mele

0 Kudos
4 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Merle,

Have you setup and tested the proxy on the other server that is getting the 403 error?

0 Kudos
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

I'm just taking a guess here, but are you trying to share the WAB AppID that you created on AGOL,  for multiple users?  From what I've been able to see, this ID is set up to the logged in AGOL user on the machine.  If using an ID that is not for that user, it might prompt you.

You might want to read thru Tips and Observations for getting Web AppBuilder -  Developer Edition Installed

and there  hav been a few threads on trying to share APP IDS  and  WAB development installs (i.e. On a shared drive) but not sure if there was ever a real definitive answer.

anyway, this might not be your situation, but was "reading between the lines " 

MeleKoneya
Occasional Contributor III

I was able to get this working.    The issue turned out to be the permissions on the proxy application on our local web server.     It was not set to use Anonymous Authentication.  Once our web master set the Proxy application to anonymous authentication,  we no longer got the error.

I also set the AppID for good measure and am using the ArcGIS Online user information in my Web App Builder Application.   Thanks for the help and suggestions

Proxy Details.png

RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Mele, since you have this resolved, you should mark any that were helpful, and mark it as "assumed answered" or your answer as correct (typically not good practice but might be more appropriate in this case).  This will close out the thread.

0 Kudos