Unable to load config.json?wab_dv=2.9 status: 404 and an error in handleAs: transformation of response

08-06-2018 09:38 AM
JaredPilbeam2
MVP Regular Contributor

ArcGIS Web Application

Through my AGOL account, I created an app in WAB developer. It has two widgets and one feature layer, none of which require a subscription. After creating the app I downloaded the zip from my Content menu in AGOL. I extracted to a folder on our organizations server.

In the Readme:

it says to add the AppID to the config.json, which I did.

I don't understand why it's asking to Add and Register the app when it's already in the Content with the App ID. (or maybe this is what the Note in the Readme is referring to).

The error says it's unable to load the config.json. The only thing I did was add the AppID to the config file.

I asked this same question in Geo Developers as well.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Jared,

Have you run the json through an online linter? It sounds like you introduced a syntax error.

JaredPilbeam2
MVP Regular Contributor

Robert,

Thanks, I've only just begone to fill the developer role in my department so I wasn't aware of linters. I ran the json in a linter and fixed the two errors it found. After that it had no errors in that linter or any others. But, the app is still hung up with the same error message.

The app runs on my local server. And that was without running the json through a linter.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Jared,

I personally have deployed numerous WAB Sites and have never changed the AppId in the main config.json

0 Kudos
JaredPilbeam2
MVP Regular Contributor

Robert,

Turns out I wasn't using Web AppBuilder Developer version. The entire time I thought I was since I had it downloaded and installed and the interfaces is exactly the same as non-developer version. The only difference is the url. In the case of the developer version it points to your machine, while the regular version points to your app on AGOL.

So, i what I was doing was trying to deploy a downloaded version of the app from the Web AppBuilder through AGOL and that lead to all sorts of problems. It took a couple days of looking into server configerations and digging around, etc... You can see where this could be very confusing.

0 Kudos
KatieSteele
New Contributor III

OMG! I am having exact same problem. Where can I find the AppID? My email is ksteele@sanmarcostx.gov and work number is 512-393-8489. Plz halp!  

0 Kudos
KatieSteele
New Contributor III

I see something in the config.json that says "appItemId":"df981344..." and so on. Is that the same AppID that you're referring to?

0 Kudos
JaredPilbeam2
MVP Regular Contributor

Katie,

The appid is found in the URL of the app's page in AGOL. And you place it in the config.json normally after "appid", yes. Or the default.js file.