Social Media widgets for Web AppBuilder application

03-30-2015 01:35 PM
TimothyHales
Esri Notable Contributor

I am looking to see if there are any social media widgets for the Web AppBuilder. I am familiar with the social media app templates that area available from the Customizable Apps but looking to use this new tool. Thanks!

8 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Tim,

I am not currently aware of any publicly available. Converting a JS Template app is a pretty painless thing to do. Do you have a template in mind that you would like to see become a WAB widget?

0 Kudos
TimothyHales
Esri Notable Contributor

I am looking to map social media. I was looking at the Chrome Twitter app, but there is also the Public Information app that has social media layers. Not sure how they are being added, but something like that is what I am looking to add to a Web AppBuilder app.

0 Kudos
DrewSwayne
New Contributor II

The social media widget in the Public Info app would be great to have in the web app builder! especially if you could apply filters to all social media outlets provided through that particular widget.

RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Have you looked at Share Widget Version 1.1.2 - 3/24/15    ??   That might not be what you are looking for since it looks like Robert released it before he responded above that nothing was available, but thought I would mention it. (I have not see the Public Info app version).  This and other widgets and info for WAB dev-edition can be found Web AppBuilder Developer Edition - Customization Resource List

0 Kudos
DanielStoelb
Occasional Contributor III

Rebecca,

I think they are looking for something that allows social media (i.e. tweets, youtube, webcams) to be loaded into the map and queried.  Here is a sample of the Public Information Map Template: Esri/public-information-map-template-js · GitHub .  This would be something I'd be interested in as well.

RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Daniel,

Thanks for the clarification....that makes more sense and answers my question about the timing of Robert's comment.  +1 for me....looks interesting.

0 Kudos
DrewSwayne
New Contributor II

Exactly Daniel. I will be sure to use example links in the future so that I am more clear about what I'm looking for.

DiegoSalcedo2
New Contributor

I too would like to see a widget to add geolocated social media post, especially from instagram, twitter, youtube and facebook if they have an API.

0 Kudos