Smart Editor Widget: Attribute actions > Intersection with MapServices

Jump to solution
05-26-2020 07:23 AM
Stefan_Jung
Esri Contributor

Hey,

after upgrading an ArcGIS Enterprise Environment from 10.7.1 to 10.8 we are having some trouble with the Smart Editor Widget. The Widget is configured to do some attribute actions if the feature is intersecting the given layer. In 10.7.1 it was possible to select a MapService a reference layer in the drop down menu:

After upgrading to 10.8 this is not possible anymore. Using the same WebMap only Feature Services are shown:

This looks like a bug in the Smart Editor Widget. Hopefully MapService are still supported here, did not find anything helpful for this problem in the documentation: Smart Editor widget—Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS | Documentation 

We also don't want to deploy a old version of the Smart Editor Widget as custom Widget, because it looks like there has also been some good changes in the new version. For the Screenshots above we tried to use a old version a custom widget just to reproduce it with 10.8 and the same WebMap.

I hope for some Feedback

Best,

Stefan

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Stefan_Jung
Esri Contributor

Hopefully it will be fixed soon:

BUG-000129338: Map services are not available in the Layer options when trying to configure Attribute Action in the Smart Editor widget

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Stefan_Jung
Esri Contributor

Hopefully it will be fixed soon:

BUG-000129338: Map services are not available in the Layer options when trying to configure Attribute Action in the Smart Editor widget

0 Kudos
AlixVezina
Esri Regular Contributor

This should now be resolved in the latest update of ArcGIS Online, and will be available in a future build of Enterprise.

0 Kudos
OussamaMerhi
New Contributor II

I have a problem with smart editor when it comes to attribute action. I have two relational tables:

one: Hazard ID and Status

Repeating table which contains: Devstatus and Dev date

I have two main records and each record has 3 records in the related table

a, Submitted

b, Submitted

related table:

UXO, Submitted

AXO, submitted

etc..

once I change the status of record a in the main table from Submitted to Approved, I want to automatically change the Devstatus of the related records to Approved. I used the attribute action in the smart editor and used the Preset but it didnt work. Any help please. 

0 Kudos
AlixVezina
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @OussamaMerhi ,

The Smart Editor does not support automatically populating or updating values in other fields, tables or layers based on a previous value set. This may be available in the future in the smart forms using Arcade expressions. These smart forms will be configurable through the new Map Viewer and Experience Builder but won't be supported in Web AppBuilder.

0 Kudos