Smart Editor Widget: Attribute Actions > Intersection for Update Only

Jump to solution
04-20-2021 09:55 AM
LucasMNDNR
New Contributor II

Is there a way to have  Attribute Actions > Intersection work when updating a feature (Update Only)? Making it so that when i would hit save it would fill in the fields with attribute actions? Is there another tool that would work?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AlixVezina
Esri Regular Contributor

If you enabled both these options, you may need to double-click the button. The first time disables auto-update, the second time re-enables auto-update and triggers the action update.

AlixVezina_0-1618954621735.png

View solution in original post

3 Replies
AlixVezina
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @LucasMNDNR ,

In the General Settings of the widget, enable the option to "Show Attribute Actions update button": Smart Editor widget—ArcGIS Web AppBuilder | Documentation

You can then click the "Update dynamic feature attributes" button when updating a feature to trigger the intersection attribute action.

AlixVezina_0-1618953170664.png

You could also enable the option to "Save attribute updates automatically" so you won't have to also click save after clicking the attribute actions button above.

AlixVezina_1-1618953281405.png

0 Kudos
LucasMNDNR
New Contributor II

@AlixVezina thanks for the response. I had the Show Attribute Actions update button enabled and was clicking the Update dynamic feature attributes. However, the Attribute Actions > Intersection only gets triggered if I edit the geometry by moving the feature slightly. Maybe this will resolve when my organization updates to portal 10.8?

0 Kudos
AlixVezina
Esri Regular Contributor

If you enabled both these options, you may need to double-click the button. The first time disables auto-update, the second time re-enables auto-update and triggers the action update.

AlixVezina_0-1618954621735.png