Smart Editor populate field with default value

05-11-2021 08:23 AM
JoseSanchez
Occasional Contributor III

Hello everyone,

I am using Smaprt Editors with WAB in Portal. 

I am looking for a way to populate a field with the value "No", before the editors starts editing.

Also I would like to disable edits in this same field and predefide its value to "No".

How can I do that?

Thanks

0 Kudos
14 Replies
DavidPike
MVP Frequent Contributor

The smart edit widget should provide all of this 
Smart Editor widget—ArcGIS Web AppBuilder | Documentation

has info on setting default values, and I believe the smart edit widget has checkboxes for editable fields.

If you want to set up a more complex data structure with preset field values/dropdowns etc. you should probably look at Subtypes and Domains Introduction to attribute domains—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

0 Kudos
JoseSanchez
Occasional Contributor III

Found it. Thank you.

Under General setting, there is a button called "Defined Preset"

VincentRobinson
New Contributor III

Hi , I created a new field and set the default value to "new", with that being said whenever I use the smart editor widget for some reason it will not populate this field with "new" while I'm in the app . but it will populate this value in a plain web map just fine. I tried the general settings ,and I couldn't  any thing that works , can some one help me with this?

0 Kudos
AlixVezina
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Vincent,

Perhaps try using a Preset from the Attribute Action tab in the Smart Editor widget setting?

You can set the value "new" for that field and it will be filled out automatically with that value when you create a new feature.

VincentRobinson
New Contributor III

VincentRobinson_0-1640032104344.png

thanks for the quick reply, I did try this but it didn't work, or maybe I've misunderstood how it works.

0 Kudos
AlixVezina
Esri Regular Contributor

Is this in ArcGIS Online? Are you able to share your web application so I can take a look? You can share it with me through a group, my username is AlixSolutions.

VincentRobinson
New Contributor III

its on our portal.

0 Kudos
AlixVezina
Esri Regular Contributor

Are you using Web AppBuilder from your Portal edition, which version are you on? Or are you using a version of Web AppBuilder developer edition?

0 Kudos
VincentRobinson
New Contributor III

Web AppBuilder Portal edition.

0 Kudos