Share As Web Tool Error: "Cannot share web tool to ArcGIS Online. Close the Pane, switch your active portal and try again."

Jump to solution
02-05-2020 11:53 AM
BingJing
New Contributor III

I followed this link Share a print service web tool with custom layouts from ArcGIS Pro—Documentation (10.7) | ArcGIS Ent...  to publish a print service. At Step #11, I was stuck by the below error (see screen copy). Can anyone tell me what the problem is? Thank you very much.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Bing,

If you have ArcGIS for Portal, you can publish to your Portal using the Share as Web Tool in Pro. Then you will be able to use the tool in ArcGIS Online. 

View solution in original post

11 Replies
DavidPike
MVP Frequent Contributor

The custom print service may only be for Portal? It is ArcGIS server documentation.

Kanin
by Esri Contributor
Esri Contributor

The Print Service can be published to a standalone ArcGIS Server deployment. However, to use the Print Service as a Web Tool, a full ArcGIS Enterprise Base Deployment (i.e. with ArcGIS Enterprise portal) is required

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Bing, 

"Share as Web Tool' is not supported for ArcGIS Online (Web tool compatibility—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation ), you won't be able to publish to AGOL. If you have ArcGIS Portal, you will need to change what Portal is active in Pro from Online to your Portal (Manage portal connections from ArcGIS Pro—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation )

BingJing
New Contributor III

So, for my WAB print widget usage,  should I publish the Print Tool to Portal, or use ArcMap to publish print service to AGOL? Does it make a difference for my Print Widget access?

Thank you Luba for the help.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Bing,

If you have ArcGIS for Portal, you can publish to your Portal using the Share as Web Tool in Pro. Then you will be able to use the tool in ArcGIS Online. 

BingJing
New Contributor III

Thank you all for the tips. It took me some time but finally I got the Enterprise Portal configured, federated with ArcGIS Server, and then I published the printing web tool from Pro to Portal. 

0 Kudos
MartaBescansa1
New Contributor II

Hi, 

I have a developers account. Does that mean that I cannot publish geoprocessing services as web tools in ArcGIS Online? Is there a way to create geoprocessing tools with the developers account?

Many thanks,

Marta

0 Kudos
Kanin
by Esri Contributor
Esri Contributor

Hello Marta,

I understand that you are referring to the workflow of publishing geoprocessing tools as web tools/geoprocessing services. If that is the case, an ArcGIS Enterprise portal deployment is required to publish and host web tools. It is not possible to do so with a Developer Account in ArcGIS Online.

Hope this helps!

Best regards and stay safe,

Kanin

If this answer is helpful, please mark it as helpful. If this answer solved your question, please mark it as the answer to help others who have the same question.

MartaBescansa1
New Contributor II

Thank you Kanin. Would it be possible to publish a geoprocessing tool through ArcMap with a Developer Account? Many thanks, Marta

0 Kudos