Shapes are not visible

Jump to solution
11-10-2016 06:54 AM
MathanManohar
New Contributor III

Hi,

I added Layer to a base map in web appbuilder. The layer is also visible. But the shapes are NOT visible in the map.

Pls refer the attanched image.

Thanks In advance

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Mathan,

You always use a mapservice when one is available. If one is not available then you use KML or WMS or WFS.

Don't forget to mark this question as answered by clicking on the "Correct Answer" link on the reply that answered your question.

View solution in original post

9 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Mathan,

When you say: "I added Layer to a base map in web appbuilder" What exact steps did you take? Normally you add layers to a web map in AGOL not WAB.

MathanManohar
New Contributor III

Thanks Robert,

Steps:

1. From the Arcmap [.mxd], publish the layer to the AGOL

2. Created an app in the AGOL and Opened using WAB

3. Choose Web Map under the Tab Map in WAB

4. I can view the LayerList listed with Layer.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Mathan,

So I take it that you do not have ArcGIS Server and you are using AGOL to host your services then.

I am still missing where you created your web map in AGOL and choose what basemap to use or did you set your hosted feature service to be the basemap?

0 Kudos
MathanManohar
New Contributor III

Yes, I am using AGOL server and hosting the services there. I created the map using Add Layer from web. Rightnow, I am using Topographic as basemap. The layer was designed in ArcMap [.mxd], I publish the layer in AGOL and want to show the Layer above the Topographic[basemap].

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Mathan,

OK so in the AGOL Map Viewer is your layer showing correctly?

0 Kudos
MathanManohar
New Contributor III

yes, I can view the layer in the AGOL Map viewer.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Mathan,

What you see in the Map Viewer on AGOL is exactly what you should see when you choose that web map in WAB. Not sure what is going wrong in your case.

MathanManohar
New Contributor III

Thanks Robert.

I am able to see the shapes.

Steps:

I publish the service the layer in ArcMap as Feature and as well I checked Query for the Attribute Table widget.

I created an new application/set the Basemap/added the newly created service above the basemap.

Now I can view the basemap and service.

Query:

The ArcGIS server tutorial stating about various services like mapservice/KML service/WFS service.But On which scenario we have to use what service.

For the above I used map service.

Once again thanks for your efforts

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Mathan,

You always use a mapservice when one is available. If one is not available then you use KML or WMS or WFS.

Don't forget to mark this question as answered by clicking on the "Correct Answer" link on the reply that answered your question.