Search Widget in Web App Builder: linking to Directions widget in the pop-up result

Jump to solution
10-17-2016 08:23 AM
YeonKim
New Contributor III

When a user picks a result in Search Widget, the map zooms to the selected feature and opens a pop-up. Is it possible to provide a link to other widgets (my current interest is to link Directions) as a possible option? It would be nice to have "Directions" link next to "Zoom to" link.

I am using web app builder linked from ArcGIS Online, but am willing to go for a developer edition... Is it possible to make this happen using WAB in ArcGIS Online?  Any suggestion or a pointer is appreciated.

Yeon

Hoping to add a link to Directions widget next to "Zoom to"

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Yeon,

If you have the directions widget added to your app and loaded then yes (with the AGOL version too). See the attached image:

example

View solution in original post

3 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Yeon,

If you have the directions widget added to your app and loaded then yes (with the AGOL version too). See the attached image:

example

YeonKim
New Contributor III

Robert,

Thank you for your reply and the screen capture. You are correct that hosted WAB 'search widget' automatically shows Directions widget option!

I have three map services (parks layer and facilities layer as polygon, and address layer as point) in the Search Widget.

1. It seems only address layer gets the option of Directions widget even though it was not added as geocoding service.

2. Instead of showing address as a starting point in the Directions widget, it is placing X,Y coordinates (not very user friendly esp. since I am using State Plane coordinates).

I wonder if it is possible to use Directions widget even when a polygon feature is selected (I guess reverse geocoding will need to play a role in that case?).

Would it be also possible for Directions widget to use a selected field (such as place name or address field in the polygon layer)?

Again, any pointer to solve these additional problems are much appreciated.

Thanks much!

Yeon

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Yeon,

Looking at the code it looks like the search widget has to return a point geometry for those menu options to be available. As far as your other questions I am not sure as I don't use the directions widget much at all.