"Use URL Parameter" to make visible Layers

11-22-2016 01:36 AM
deleted-user-CQZbjNeBXm49
Occasional Contributor III

Hi all,

Please as anyone been able to use the instruction here "Use URL parameters" to make visible certain layers with their maps (dev: On-premise server deployment)? kindly guide someone in need.

Baba

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
15 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Baba,

There is nothing in the url parameters that says you can set which layers are visible. What gave you that indication?

0 Kudos

Robert,

There isn't, however, you can make certain layers visible using ArcGIS JavaScript API like here, I was think that might be possible when we deploy the app locally

Baba 

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Baba,

Nope that is not part of the WAB capabilities.

Robert,

The reason for the question is that in the share widget, the url (see image) shows a "?visiblelayer=" parameter but only that of the extent worked, so that got me curious

Baba

EDIT: As using the embed option look foolish if only the extent parameter works in the WAB Dev edition

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Baba,

My only suggestion is to call support and file an enhancement request.

0 Kudos
BBulla
by
Occasional Contributor

Hi.  I've been working on this based on this ESRI document, which seems to elude to the fact that you can make layers visible using the URL.  See 'Set Layer Visibility'.  Use URL parameters to modify maps—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS 

Of course (as with most ESRI articles), the demonstration link works, but I have not been able to get this to work with one of my own web maps.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

B Bulla,

Think your problem is that you are confusing the url abilities of the AGOL Map Viewer (which is what your link is referencing) and the supported url parameters of WAB:

Use URL parameters—Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS | ArcGIS 

0 Kudos
BBulla
by
Occasional Contributor

Perhaps, but shouldn't modifying the URL for a webmap and a webapp work basically the same?  For example, using the   /?find= with a wemapp URL and using &find= with a webmap URL both do the same thing.  

So if I have a webmap that is used in a webapp, shouldn't I be able to turn a layer visible regardless of whether it is in a map or an app??

Hopefully that makes sense.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Actually No, As the only url parameters that are parsed from the url in WAB are those that are supported by the App and not all the one supported by the web map.