Previously Saved Apps not Showing on WAB for Developers v2.6

Jump to solution
03-05-2018 09:14 AM
JacobEjnes
New Contributor II

I was recently making edits to the startup.bat file in an attempt to run the file over a network.  It didn't work, and now that I've reverted the file to the correct code, all of my applications do not show in the web browser UI. The data for the applications are still visible in the "\server\apps\" folder, but none of them show up in the browser window.

I believe that a simple fix would be to re-import the missing applications.  However, I wanted to ask if anybody knows how to correct this problem.  I provided the details of my edits to the serverPath variable below:

# The original code used in the .bat file.  The variable is located close to the top of the batch file.

SET serverPath="C:\WebAppBuilderForArcGIS\server"

# "C:\WebAppBuilderForArcGIS\" is mapped to "Z: as a Network Drive" on my coworker's machine.

# Since UNC paths throw errors in batchfiles, I tried to Map the drive instead. (ex: \\[MachineName]\c$)

SET serverPath="Z:\server"

# When the WAB failed to load correctly, I reverted the files to their original states, and the issues started.

SET serverPath="C:\WebAppBuilderForArcGIS\server"

(PS: This is my first time posting on the GeoNet Community, so some feedback on how to format posts would be appreciated.)

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Jacob,

OK here are the steps I am talking about:

1. Download a fresh version of WAB and extract it to a different folder then your current on is in.
  2. create a new app in WAB and name the app the same as one of the ones in your old install that you are wanting to recover.
  3. Exit WAB and go to the old WAB server\apps folder and copy the numbered folder of the app youare trying to recover and paste it into the new WAB install server\apps\[app#] folder for the new app you created.
  4. Now the new WAB should have your old app.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Jacob,

This could be difficult. It sounds like your WAB db is bad. Under the server folder is the apps folder and a db folder with contains the apps tingodb database. Unfortunately this is not a file that you can manipulate manually. One way I have found to work around issues like this is to start a new wab install and create vanilla apps with the same name as your original and then copy the old (not working) app# folder and overwrite the new app# folder. Hope this helps.

JacobEjnes
New Contributor II

Robert,

Thank you for responding so quickly.  I was wondering if you can provide a step by step guide for your suggestion.  The only issue now is that the old application files have been deleted by WAB.  (I was trying to re-add the apps before you responded and the .bat window logged that the three of the applications were deleted.)

I managed to restore one of the applications, so I can follow your suggestions with that one.  As for the other applications, I will be recreating them once the WAB db issue is resolved.  I also will be making a backup copy of the apps folder to avoid things like this in the future.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Jacob,

OK here are the steps I am talking about:

1. Download a fresh version of WAB and extract it to a different folder then your current on is in.
  2. create a new app in WAB and name the app the same as one of the ones in your old install that you are wanting to recover.
  3. Exit WAB and go to the old WAB server\apps folder and copy the numbered folder of the app youare trying to recover and paste it into the new WAB install server\apps\[app#] folder for the new app you created.
  4. Now the new WAB should have your old app.
JacobEjnes
New Contributor II

Robert,

Thank you for detailing the steps, as I followed your workflow and managed to re-add the old applications to the WAB Developer.  However, I had a hypothesis about extending this method for re-adding applications.  As for the results?  I managed to re-add applications deployed on our local server, and I was even able to download and add applications originally created on the web-based WAB.

Thank you so much for your help!

RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Great thanks for sharing your findings.

0 Kudos