Pre-load layers in customized WAB

Jump to solution
03-12-2023 10:10 PM
Labels (1)
Bob_J
by
New Contributor

Hi I found out that an app created and customized directly from Online can have the preloaded layers, however, if I start from developer version, I don't know where to have the layers preloaded. I tried Attribute - Extra data source to add from Online, it didn't work. I have to add an Add Data widget to load(from Online) manually every time. Am I missing something or I have to 'develop' everything once starting from developer version? Or even better, is there a workflow that I can convert /import the app created via Online into developer version? I tried to download from Online but the code has been uglified. I also tried to import the downloaded but it failed for version reason. The SDK is v2.26.

Thanks.

Bob_J_0-1678683229876.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BrianLeroux
Occasional Contributor III

Not sure I fully understand what you are trying to do but I'll try to answer. If you want maps to load in your WAB dev app you need to link it to a web map you have build in your arcgis enterprise or AGOL account. You set that in the Map tab. Then all the layers in that map will be present in your WAB dev app.

I do not know a way to import AGOL WAB to WAB Dev so you will have to at least rebuild some if not most of your application. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Bob_J
by
New Contributor

I think I 'partially' figured out. Dev version is only for widget development(?). Widget will need to deploy back to Online, where the preload layers etc can be configured.

I am just new in Arcgis dev.

0 Kudos
BrianLeroux
Occasional Contributor III

Not sure I fully understand what you are trying to do but I'll try to answer. If you want maps to load in your WAB dev app you need to link it to a web map you have build in your arcgis enterprise or AGOL account. You set that in the Map tab. Then all the layers in that map will be present in your WAB dev app.

I do not know a way to import AGOL WAB to WAB Dev so you will have to at least rebuild some if not most of your application. 

0 Kudos