Popups Not Opening in Chrome When WAB App Embedded in Iframe

Jump to solution
03-26-2021 06:35 AM
JamesMadden1
Occasional Contributor

I have a WAB app that I built using the developer edition version 2.13.  I've been working on the app for about a year now and we recently noticed that the feature popups no longer open in the app we have embedded it in.  The app is embedded through an iFrame.  Our organization supports IE, Edge and Chrome internally and everything works fine with the microsoft browsers but no click events are triggered in chrome.  It's odd though because the double click event on the map still works with the zoom functionality.  I also created a test app where I embedded the wab app.  I placed copies of the test app on our primary dz web server and also on our internal web box.  The popups work on the internal box in chrome as expected.  The popups only render in the dz server when the test app is accessed over http - https does not work.  Our chrome software recently got updated to version 89.0.4389.90.  I reverted my chrome back to version 84 the other day and everything began to work again as expected.  A nightly routine updated my chrome overnight back to version 89.x and the popups stopped working.  The popup issue appears to effect all our portal apps and maps.

So the issue appears to be related to our domain and browser.  Has anybody ran into similar issues with WAB apps or Portal maps?  The iFrame code is shown below.  

<iframe scrolling="no" id="iframePage" style="height: 650px; width: 100%; border: 1px solid rgb(0,0,0);" src="" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Tags (1)
14 Replies
TychoGranville
Occasional Contributor II

We just ran into this (sort of). Chrome popups work *unless* you are going through our VPN. Would the above solutions fix our issue?

0 Kudos
Brian_Wilson
Occasional Contributor III

I only know that it happens when the display scaling of the browser and Windows desktop don't match, for example my Windows setting was 125% and the problem went away when I changed it to 100% (which makes the fonts on this computer uselessly tiny but popups worked!!)

I bet if you look carefully at what's happening with your VPN there is some other issue involving display scales, like there's Remote Desktop Connection or Citrix or something like that that is running in a scaled window?? Is this possible?? Or you're running a browser on a remote system and its scaling is different?

If that's the case then yes, updating the JSAPI should fix it!

0 Kudos
Dan
by
Occasional Contributor

Same issue with the Javascript API: Intermittent, only in Chrome, and only for some  users (although spreading to more users).  We, too, solved it by updating the API, but still looking for the actual cause.  You may want to follow this thread as well.

https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-api-for-javascript/javascript-api-3x-map-click-event-intermitte...

0 Kudos
IngridMans
Occasional Contributor II

Is there a post for dummies like me about how to upgrade the JS API? Out apps were built using OOTB WAB rather than developers edition. 

0 Kudos
Brian_Wilson
Occasional Contributor III

We've been yapping about it on this posting Re: Web app not working on chrome