Pop-up Configuration Not Working in Portal 10.4.1

10-20-2016 09:45 AM
HillaryBjorstrom
Occasional Contributor

I have a service that is being shared to our Portal. Server 10.4.1, Portal 10.4.1.

The service is Secured at the Server and Shared with Everyone on our Portal. 

The built in Web app builder isn't allowing configuration of pop-ups. I can enable them but not configure. Anyone else with this problem or possibly found a solution? Thanks!

7 Replies
ZlatinaGounev1
New Contributor II

Hi Hillary,

I am having the same issue, were you able to find a resolution?

Thanks

Zuzi

0 Kudos
HillaryBjorstrom
Occasional Contributor

No i have not. I was thinking about bringing in the service with stored credentials, creating the web map (you can configure the pop-ups then) and use the AGOL Assistant to repoint the map to the secured service layer.

HillaryBjorstrom
Occasional Contributor

i found that removing the security in the server will allow you to configure the pop-up

HillaryBjorstrom
Occasional Contributor

it doesn't always work either

0 Kudos
HillaryBjorstrom
Occasional Contributor

so this is quite annoying but it worked. Enable symbology updating in service and move the feature to the top of the contents, save, back out and go in and configure.

AlexRodriguez
New Contributor III

"Enable symbology updating" - where is this accomplished? 
I'm having the same problem.  Some, usually the first 2 or 3, layers in my MAP I am able to configure the POP-UPs.  But when I attempt the same on the 3rd or 4th layer I click "configure pop-up" and nothing happens.  

0 Kudos
HillaryBjorstrom
Occasional Contributor

you can enable symbol updating on the service in ArcGIS Manager. However, this is a bug with 10.4.1. The work around is to create a new mxd with your layers. and Create a new service. You cannot overwrite the service.