Performance of Web App Builder App

12-06-2016 10:01 PM
akshayloya
Occasional Contributor II

Hello Everyone,

I've created a web application on top of ArcGIS Portal and Web App Builder. Following is the URL:

URL: Bhopal Smart Map 

My Web Map has around 100 Layers and have configured Pop up for all of them and have kept them off by default. The problem which I'm facing is my application takes lot of time to open. It will be of great help if any of you could debug and find the exact issue for this problem and the required workaround.

Thanks in advance !

Regards,

Akshay Loya 

0 Kudos
20 Replies
deleted-user-CQZbjNeBXm49
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Akshay,

I had advice you use the Developer tool on Chrome (F12) to debug your app, from what I can observe your application is using multiple lib (<script type="text/javascript" src="javascripts/JqueryLocal.js"></script>) which is causing some conflict.

Baba

akshayloya

Even if I don't use jquery, it hardly makes any difference.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Akshay,

As Baba has mentioned you have errors in your code that can be seen in the developer tools console. You need to fix these:

akshayloya

One of my observation is If I configure few layers on my map, then the application loads immediately but in our case we need to configure 100 layers. If you see in the timeline of console, most of the time is taken by layer querying and popup configuration. Is there any best way of optimising the web map to get the better result?

Secondly web app builder now supports jQuery, so why we are facing this problem?

0 Kudos
akshayloya

And also I don't receive these errors every-time. 

akshayloya

One of my observation is If I configure few layers on my map, then the application loads immediately but in our case we need to configure 100 layers. If you see in the timeline of console, most of the time is taken by layer querying and popup configuration. Is there any best way of optimising the web map to get the better result?

Secondly web app builder now supports jQuery, so why we are facing this problem?

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Akshay 

100 layers is just to much. Web apps need to be focused. You as the developer have to inform your customers or superiors as to what is practical. WAB does support jQuery but you have to implement it correctly in your custom widget.

0 Kudos
akshayloya

So is there any way of managing the pop-ups, because I've kept the layers

off on the web map and have managed their pop-ups. If I could manage it

with some other means, then I can remove all the layers from the map.

On Thu, Dec 8, 2016 at 9:16 AM, Robert Scheitlin, GISP <geonet@esri.com>

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Akshay,

Something like the custom identify widget? What do you mean by manage?

0 Kudos