Opened Widget(eSearch) is closed when I toggle map layer using Layer Toggle Button Widget.

Jump to solution
11-15-2020 10:43 PM
BingJing
New Contributor III

How to stop the Layer Toggle Button from closing my eSearch widget?  After I toggle on/off a layer, the eSearch widget is closed. I have to click on eSearch again to bring it back up. (The search results are still there when I click eSearch to reopen it). 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

You would have to more the eSearch widget or your layerToggleButton widget to a different widget group. What i mean by this is if you are using the default foldable theme and have the eSearch in an on screen widget placeholder and the layertoggle button(s) also in an onscreen widget place holder, then only one widget in the onscreen widget place holder can be open at a time so the toggle would close the eSearch. But if you had the eSearch or the Toggle button in the header controller and the other in an onscreen widget place holder slot then you problem is solved.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

You would have to more the eSearch widget or your layerToggleButton widget to a different widget group. What i mean by this is if you are using the default foldable theme and have the eSearch in an on screen widget placeholder and the layertoggle button(s) also in an onscreen widget place holder, then only one widget in the onscreen widget place holder can be open at a time so the toggle would close the eSearch. But if you had the eSearch or the Toggle button in the header controller and the other in an onscreen widget place holder slot then you problem is solved.

0 Kudos
BingJing
New Contributor III

Perfect, I moved Toggle Button to the Header Controller Group. Problem solved. Thank you!

0 Kudos
MayurDodiya
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

How to move LayerToggle widget in headercontroller for foldable theme?

Where to add in config.json ?

Thanks,

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

@MayurDodiya  Just use the "Choose Widget" UI in WAB to add another Layer Toggle widget to the Header Controller widget.

0 Kudos