New maps.simcoe.ca Beta

09-02-2015 05:56 AM
MatthewMurray1
New Contributor III

New maps.simcoe.ca Beta site using #ArcGIS #WebAppBuilder is here: http://maps.simcoe.ca/beta Give it a whirl! Tell us what you think!

6 Replies
PatKeegan
Occasional Contributor

Wow, very well done. I really like how you handled the "more information" in the popup. I have been struggling with that. Initial popup was a little goofy on mobile, anyhow I am completely jealous.

0 Kudos
RickeyFight
MVP Regular Contributor

Matthew,

Are you planning to post an example code on GitHub?

PascualBenito
New Contributor III

I agree, very nicely done application. Almost not even recognizable as a WAB application.  Every icon and widget  looks like was custom developed or modified and I see functionality, such as the map themes, that I have not seen in any other WAB site. Did you develop a number of custom widgets for the map themes and other advanced tools? Can you describe the development process? E.g.  was a single County GIS developer/consultant? Or team of developers that included GIS and other HTML/CSS developers? I see that app has now gone public: Interactive Map - County of Simcoe (GIS) .  Kudos!

0 Kudos
Drew
by
Occasional Contributor III

Pascual,

The applications was all developed in house and was designed to move off our older Flex Viewer.  There are 2 Analyst here and we update the application as needs arise and ideas spawn.
Along with our public facing maps we utilize the WAB framework and widgets for internal applications that service internal needs. It’s a living breathing application that we use to support anyone we feel does not require a desktop GIS. All code was done by GIS staff.

0 Kudos
GregResz
New Contributor

Great job. This is exactly what I am looking at for my City.  It would be fantastic if you could post some code on GitHub. 

0 Kudos
Drew
by
Occasional Contributor III

Greg,

We currently have no plans on posting any code on GitHub but if you have any questions on how certain things are accomplished we would be happy to explain the process.

Drew

0 Kudos