Near Me Widget: Results limited to 2000

01-24-2023 09:00 AM
Labels (2)
jreisinger
New Contributor

Hi Everyone,

I have been working with ArcGIS Online Web AppBuilder to create a web app that can filter a point layer to only show results that are within 30 miles of a desired location. I have been using the Near Me Widget and it seems to work well except for locations with a high density. The results seem to be limited to 2000 although when configuring the widget, I have it set to limit the number of results to 10,000. When I try the same process in ArcGIS Pro using the select by location tool there are more than 2000 points selected. Additionally, the 2000 points that I get from the Near Me Widget aren't even the closest 2000 from the center starting point but instead seem to be randomly chosen.

I don't see anywhere in the Near Me Widget documentation that states the results are meant to be limited to 2000.

Near Me widget—Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS | Documentation

Thank you all very much for your help! 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I believe the maxRecordCount of the point layer is 2000. Is the point layer a hosted feature layer or referencing to ArcGIS Server (Map Service/ Feature Service)?

For Hosted Feature Layer, please refer How To: Update the maximum record count for feature services in ArcGIS Online/ Portal  to update the maxRecordCount of the layer.

JayantaPoddar_1-1674584625245.png

For layer referencing from ArcGIS Server, you could sign-in to ArcGIS Server Manager > Services > Edit Properties > Parameters.

JayantaPoddar_0-1674584443227.png

Think Location
AzizaParveen1
Esri Contributor

Hi,

It could be the max record count coming from your service. If you go to your feature service item detail page and from lower right corner where the url is, click view and you should see this information at the rest endpoint. This is the number of features that can be accessed when querying data in a hosted feature service. the default can be 1000 or 2000. I would suggest to check that first

You can increase the limit for your service. here is our knowledge based article that can guide you to do that

https://support.esri.com/en/technical-article/000012383.

AzizaParveen1_0-1675197045921.png

I hope this helps.

0 Kudos