Near Me issue in Portal

07-21-2017 07:35 AM
Ramon_de_Leon
Occasional Contributor

I am having issues using the Near Me widget in WAB Portal.

I have used this widget in AGOL WAB and it is working great, not sure what am I missing in configuring this in Portal.

When the widget is opened, it does not search for addresses and does not have the sliding bar for adjusting the search distance.

Near Me widget when opened

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Ramon,

> I have used this widget in AGOL WAB and it is working great, not sure what am I missing in configuring this in Portal. ... When the widget is opened, it does not search for addresses and does not have the sliding bar for adjusting the search distance.

What release of Portal for ArcGIS are you using? I suspect the Near Me widget in ArcGIS Online has some enhancements that perhaps the Near Me widget in Portal is missing (as it is likely an earlier release).

Hope this helps,

0 Kudos
Ramon_de_Leon
Occasional Contributor

We have Portal 10.5.

Tried to troubleshoot and do trial and error, after a while I was able to make it work. Not really sure, what caused the problem, it seems there was a problem in the web map file in that caused the behavior. We were having some dodgy behaviors since the last Windows IE update. I ended up re-doing the map and app in Chrome exactly the same way and it worked as it should be. Also creating a new feature layer (for the layer that was failing) and re-adding it to the map did help also.

0 Kudos