LocalLayer widget and WAB 2.3

03-24-2017 03:33 PM
ReneeGerasimtchouk
New Contributor III

Does the LocalLayer widget work with WAB 2.3? I configured it and can add layers but the OK, Cancel, and X button do not do anything - when clicked on, nothing happens.

Thank you,

Renee

0 Kudos
28 Replies
RonSteward
New Contributor III

I gave up on 2.4 and 2.3 and went back to 2.2.   My WAB Dev 2.2 looks like that.  In 2.3 and 2.4 the widget had to be added using the "Set the widgets in this controller" link.  When configured following the instructions the widget appears on the menu and can be added.  However, when LocalLayer is added, that opens the LocalLayer edit window that cannot be closed with the underlying "Cannot read property  '_tables' of undefined" error as previously described.

0 Kudos
BarnabyRockwell
Occasional Contributor III

Oh man.  Not good.  Is the widget folder named "LocalLayer" in the "widgets" folder of your app? 

If it's working in WD 2.2, try exporting the app from 2.2 and importing it into 2.4 if you haven't tried that already.

0 Kudos
RonSteward
New Contributor III

Barnaby,

Yes it is named "LocalLayer" in the widgets folder.

Thank you for the suggestion of exporting and importing. I'm new to WAB Dev. I didn't know it could be imported.  Good idea.  I won't be able to mess with it right away..

Ron

0 Kudos
RajuGopinath
New Contributor III

Thanks Barnaby- that did the trick.

Here is what I did:

I created the app in 2.2 with locallayer widget configured and exported it out as a zip file. Then, I imported it into 2.4 version. The previous problem of non responsive config. window of LocalLayer widget disappeared.

BarnabyRockwell

Great!  🙂

0 Kudos
JeffSauder
Occasional Contributor

Hi Raju,

I am having the same issue, however I only have 2.4 version as I am just getting started. I don’t see a download option for other versions, and I think everything is set up to use the 2.4 version on my machine. How would I be able to get and set up the 2.2 version, just to be able to fix the widget?

0 Kudos
RajuGopinath
New Contributor III

Jeff: The download link for web appbuilder (see right bottom) is here:

SDK Downloads | ArcGIS for Developers 

You need to signin to the developer account and you can pick the version of WAB download.

JeffSauder
Occasional Contributor

That worked, thanks Raju and Barnaby.

0 Kudos
BarnabyRockwell

Glad to hear it.  🙂  I always download WAB Dev Edition from here:

Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS (Developer Edition) | ArcGIS for Developers 

0 Kudos
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Barnaby...they changed the page so the main page download button just gets the current version, but the other link will allow you to download previous versions as well.