Limitation of feature layer or symbols in WAB editor widget?

Jump to solution
09-12-2016 12:03 PM
KarstenRank
Occasional Contributor III

Hi there,

is there a limitation for feature layer in a feature service or number of symbols ?

In my case, if I enable more than 6 layer, the edit widget won't load an throws an error when loading.

I hope someone can help me!

Thanks alot,

Karsten.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Karsten,

No you can not. But the good news is portal WAB is always one version behind WAB Dev so that means that the next release of portal (assuming you are already current) will have that issue fixed.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Karsten,

I personally have not tried to add more than one or two layer to edit. Have you contacted esri tech support on this error?

0 Kudos
KarstenRank

Hi Robert,

not yet. But I found out today, that WAB for Developer has no problem with this feature service.

Can I integrate the WAB for Developers in my Portal, instead the Portal WAB?

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Karsten,

No you can not. But the good news is portal WAB is always one version behind WAB Dev so that means that the next release of portal (assuming you are already current) will have that issue fixed.

XiaodongWang
Esri Contributor

Karsten,

Robert is right, this problem is caused by an issue:

• If there are too many templates in the Edit widget, an error occurs that no template shows in the widget's panel #5703

This issue has been fixed by edition Online4.2, dev 2.1 and Portal10.5. So I think, you have to upgrade to Portal10.5 to fix this problem.

KarstenRank

Hello Rebecca,

we solved the issue by the integration of the edit widget (WAB dev 2.1) in Portal 10.4.

Karsten