Is there a way to change the zoom levels. so that one can zoom in beyond 60ft/20m

Jump to solution
05-11-2015 08:20 AM
GeorgeKatsambas
Occasional Contributor III

Is there a way to change the zoom levels. so that one can zoom in beyond 60ft/20 m using an ESRI base map. I have tried in edit to change zoom scales but it seems by default zoom in beyond 60 ft is not available.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
12 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

George,

In my main WAB app I add LODs down to the resolution of my organizations aerial photography basemap which goes to 564.2485881 and using Local Layer widget I set the display levels 10,11,12,13,14,15. Normally the Street map base map goes from 1 to 19, I don't use 1-10, and then turn it off at 15 and let my orgs basemap take over (seems how my aerial basemap as a minScale and MaxScale set on the service itself). This just FYI, in case the is helps some. BTW I don't attend the UC anymore I have been going to the Dev Summit for the last 8 years instead of the UC.

RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

George,

Normally I would take the last LOD the map supports and find it's scale and divide that by 2, add that scale and then repeat that as many time as I need to to get down to the desired scale. I don't think you can just enter 10 and hit the plus button.

StanMcShinsky
Occasional Contributor III

According to the dev summit all basemaps (not sure on imagery) will soon be vector so you can zoom into any level. This is because of the js 4.0 api will allow 3d maps and now you will get to see basemaps from an angle not just from the top.

-Stan