Is there a rotation widget available or being developed?

08-11-2015 06:18 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi all

Does anyone know if there is a Rotation widget either available or being developed for the WAB? E.g. rotate the map onscreen.

Regards,

-Paul

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
11 Replies
JeremieCornet1
Occasional Contributor II

Now, I think the answer is no.

WAB will support map's rotation when it will use the 4.0 esri js API (which supports map's rotation). At this time, 4.0 is in beta.

0 Kudos
AdamCottrell

It appears that 4.1 is out.  Has anyone built a widget for WAB?

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Adam,

WAB 2D apps are still built using js 3.x API and it is only the 3D maps that use 4.x of the API.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Robert - sorry, I know you've probably answered this in other blogs (but I'm a little out of touch!) - is there a timeline or plan at all in place yet for the WAB and all widgets etc to be redone in 4.x?

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Paul,

The JS 4.x API is still very lacking in features for 2D maps especially so the time frame is dependent on the 4.x JS APIs 2D capabilities getting in line with what the 3.x is. 

0 Kudos
AdamCottrell

Wow, that was quick! I was just trying to figure out how to contact you individually since you are the person that I went to when coming to Flex widgets.  I had a rotate map widget in Flex but think it was someone else that created it. I have a lot of engineers and surveyors that utilize the flex still because of this rotate map.  Its fast and efficient for them to create and print maps and PDFs.  I hope you have a need for it.  Then maybe it would get done.    I'm a gov. department of one and heavily rely on others because I do not have the time.

Thx for all your contributions, Robert!!!

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Adam,

We are all at the mercy of the 4.x JS API becoming more mature. So it is a waiting game.

terenceng1
New Contributor

It's been a year since the last post. Do you guys know any approach for rotation in 2D map? Struggling because thing that is so simple in the 2D mode in JSAPI 4.x but seems it is still not available in WAB.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Nope the 2D map still uses JS API 3.x and not 4.x.

0 Kudos