Is there a "multiselect" widget out there?

04-17-2017 11:57 AM
JeremyRead1
New Contributor III

We are using the filter widget in one of our apps, which is fine if you're only picking one value, but some users have a need to select more than one value to display on the map. For instance, we have a feature class with AVL data and the vehicles are grouped into "Group Name". Selecting a Group Name will only display the vehicles associated with that group on the map. This is fine if you only need to see one group, but it doesn't work if you want to see more than one. There is no "Control + Select" in Web AppBuilder.

So, the ideal solution would be a widget that has a drop down list of possible values with a checkbox next to each one. You check the box next to all the groups you want to see, click "Apply", and then those are the values displayed.

I would assume that there are many others needing this, but I have yet to find a widget that has this functionality. I did find the jquery sample for "Bootstrap Multiselect" and it's exactly what I need, but I'm unsure how to incorporate this into a custom widget: https://github.com/davidstutz/bootstrap-multiselect

Anyway, just wondering if this has been done before. Any help would be much appreciated.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Jeremy,

I don't have anything like a multiple select dropdown but the eSearch widget does allow you to add or subtract from the current search results.

JeremyRead1
New Contributor III

Hello Robert,

Thank you very much for your reply. I have looked at the eSearch widget and it is very nice, but unfortunately it is not going to work for the users of our application. They need something more simple, like the multiselect I linked above. They had this functionality in the Flex version of our application (cntrl+select multiple items on a dropdown list), but have lost it since we moved to Web AppBuilder, so I'm trying to find a way to give that ability back to them that is very fast and easy to use.

0 Kudos
AmyKlug
Occasional Contributor III
0 Kudos