Is it possible to create a drop-down menu on a Query widget?

Jump to solution
03-17-2016 11:00 AM
KyleGale
New Contributor II

We would like to use the query widget to search particular attributes and are hoping the most likely searched for items can appear in a drop-down menu. Thanks for your help!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Kyle,

Yes the eSearch is capable of doing user defined values like you list above. Click on the link in my previous reply to see the info about the widget, the help document, and the live preview site.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Kyle,

In the otb Query widget you can have all the unique values of a field appear in a drop down but not some user defined list. The custom widget eSearch has the ability to work with user defined lists though.

KyleGale
New Contributor II

Hello Robert,

Thank you for replying, and to all the work you've done for the community. To follow-up, can you tell me where the "user defined list" resides?

Our problem is that we are looking for a drop-down on a query that is populated by an attribute string field where each entry may contain one or more items. We have places that accept multiple items for recycling, and we want to allow the user to be able to see each of those items individually and not as part of the entire entry.

So the attribute table may look like this:

place 1: plastic bags

place 2: TVs, Computers, Speakers

place 3: Dish Washers, Driers, Refrigerators

For the user, in the drop down list, we want each of these items to appear separately. Can the enhanced search widget do this? If not, do you have any idea if this would be possible?

Thanks again for any assistance you could provide.

Best regards,

Kyle

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Kyle,

Yes the eSearch is capable of doing user defined values like you list above. Click on the link in my previous reply to see the info about the widget, the help document, and the live preview site.

0 Kudos