Is it possible to change the image of the hyperlink or move it to another location for visibility?

03-23-2016 08:59 AM
LynnGaines
New Contributor III

I've added a hyperlink in the Branding section of my app, and am pretty pleased.  However, It does not stand out enough.  I would like to change the image of the hyperlink or move it to another location.  Is this possible?  (The link is to a SSRS table that I created.  Users need the ability to create/print a report.)

Any suggestions?  Thanks everyone.

Lynn

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
9 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Lynn,

I am a little confused by your question. In the Branding section of WAB you can add links by they are just text links not images...

0 Kudos
LynnGaines
New Contributor III

Robert,

Thank you for your response. 

The link to my SSRS report on the page is fine.  I initially wanted to know if it was possible to change the link image to something that was easier to identify.

I have a new question now.  Is it possible to pass parameters from the query layer into my SSRS table in order to print a report? (At this time, the user will need to use the query widget for the map display and then use the SSRS link for the report. I'm looking to simplify the process.)

Again thank you.

Lynn

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Lynn,

What the heck is a "SSRS table"?.. More details on your desired workflow would be a great help.

0 Kudos
LynnGaines
New Contributor III

Robert,

Too funny!  SSRS stands for SQL Server Reporting Services (Microsoft product).  It allows me to generate a report using parameters from a data set.

I can then link the report to my app as described above.

Btw, is there a way to contact you offline?

Lynn

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Lynn,

Nope I only provide support on GeoNet. So you want a url parameter to come from the results of the Query widget to go to your SSRS table? This is not possible without custom development.

0 Kudos
LynnGaines
New Contributor III

I figured that we would need to customize.

Thank you for your response.  Keep up the good work too.

Lynn

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

If you open the Widget.js file for the Query widget and search for link you will only get one instance. That is where you need to being you custom work.

0 Kudos
LynnGaines
New Contributor III

YES! Perfect.

I think I should be able to pass the query widget parameters into the SSRS url.... somehow.  I need to look into this one. UGH

WAB really needs a report widget.

0 Kudos
CCWeedcontrol
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Lynn,

Would it be possible for you to share your widget.js if you have successfully added th SSRS url please. I would like to do the something you are doing.

0 Kudos