How versatile is the print widget in Web Appbuilder?

Jump to solution
09-10-2018 12:32 PM
MatthewElbert1
Occasional Contributor

After setting up a web app, users can see our organization's map.  But I'm not really satisfied with the stock legend, scale, etc. options when you use the service to print.  Is there a way I can edit the layout features of my map so that it's a bit more uniform and pleasing in terms of layout features?  (scale bar in feet vs. miles, inserting the organization's contact info and logo, a more streamlined legend).  Any feedback would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

-Matt

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Matt,

That question actually has little to do with the widget itself. The Print service you use is the main driving component there. You can publish your own print service on your ArcGIS Server that has customized print layout to reorganize your items like scalebar, logo, etc. There are several blogs/documents on this.

Tutorial: Publish additional services for printing in ArcMap—Documentation | ArcGIS Enterprise 

https://pdfs.semanticscholar.org/presentation/87e0/e5a3d82803c3d75191fa6c136cc0b26266c4.pdf 

View solution in original post

2 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Matt,

That question actually has little to do with the widget itself. The Print service you use is the main driving component there. You can publish your own print service on your ArcGIS Server that has customized print layout to reorganize your items like scalebar, logo, etc. There are several blogs/documents on this.

Tutorial: Publish additional services for printing in ArcMap—Documentation | ArcGIS Enterprise 

https://pdfs.semanticscholar.org/presentation/87e0/e5a3d82803c3d75191fa6c136cc0b26266c4.pdf 

MatthewElbert1
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Robert!

Coincidentally, right after I posted this question, I ran into that tutorial link that you posted while continuing my research.  (Always nice to know when you're on the right track).  I will work with it a bit and if I have further questions I will post them on the thread. 

-Matt

0 Kudos