How to create widget group and drop down in header controller

Jump to solution
08-19-2015 10:44 AM
DanNorman
Occasional Contributor

Has anyone figured out how to create widget groups as mentioned here: Controller widget—Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS | ArcGIS

i can not find to option to set a widget to "show in drop-down menu". The help file above makes it sound like a check box in the widget configuration accessible through the web app builder, without having to modify the code.

showindropdown.PNG

Thanks!

Don

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Donald,

In the Header widget configuration just grab a widget that you want to group with another and drag and drop one on another. This creates a group.

View solution in original post

10 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Donald,

In the Header widget configuration just grab a widget that you want to group with another and drag and drop one on another. This creates a group.

DanNorman
Occasional Contributor

ha thanks, just made my next post right when you did! thank you for the reply!

0 Kudos
haThach
New Contributor III

Robert,

Do anyone know how to configure to show drop-down menu with the option of choosing a widget to be active instead of activating all the widgets in the groups?

5.png

0 Kudos
CadeFurnas3
New Contributor

Hello. I have a few groups of widgets that I would like to display in a menu as in the image above. Here's the setting in the documentation:

Controller—Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS (Developer Edition) | ArcGIS for Developers

So, groupSetting=dropDown needs to be added in the config.json, I think. Did you draw the image above, or is it from a real WAB app? If it's in a WAB app, we just need to look at the config.json file. I hope that helps.

EDIT: I see that you already saw that page in the docs. So we just need to figure out how to add it to the config.json. Lame.

feisishui
New Contributor

headercontroll widget  config.json 设置对应的要显示的groupsetting 为 dropDown,默认为openAll

0 Kudos
AldwinGregorio
New Contributor III

Hello guys. Is anyone having the same problem as mine? I already have my app, however, when I put the code below in the config.json of the Siderbar Controller, nothing happened. Am I doing it right? Thanks! 

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Aldwin, 

If you can not do this using the WAB ui then it is not supported for that theme.

0 Kudos
AldwinGregorio
New Contributor III

Got it! Thanks Robert!

I changed my theme, anyway.

0 Kudos
DanNorman
Occasional Contributor

within the widget panel of the Web app builder interface, click and drag on on top of the other.

widgetgroup.png