How do you get newly added fields to show up in the edit widget?

Jump to solution
02-09-2018 01:51 PM
deleted-user-qzyyiYme1rz9
New Contributor III

I recently added a few fields to a feature service and they show up correctly in pop-up in the map, however when I edit the settings for the edit widget web appbuilder the new attribute is not visible as an option for editable or viewable attributes. I have also tried completely deleting the edit widget, saving and re-adding it with no luck. The edit box is checked next to the new attributes in the pop-up configuration. I really need to make this new field editable via the edit widget in our app. Any ideas?

25 Replies
ScottEvans6
New Contributor III

I am having the same problem. Only seems to be happening with the edit widget. I have my users just doing edits through either collector or a web map in the mean time. This seems like a new issue. Never seen this before.

Has anyone started a case/bug with this yet?

0 Kudos
deleted-user-qzyyiYme1rz9
New Contributor III

Hi Scott, I did start a case with Esri tech support and I had to close it before it was resolved because they were unable to replicate my workflow. Even though I showed them over screen share the problems I was experiencing with the new fields not showing up in the edit widget, they were unable to replicate the issue on their end. They wanted to know the exact steps that were used to create and publish our data which I could not provide them because funny enough it was created by Esri professional services before I started with the company. However, with my own testing it seems that newly created/published data (which I published from ArcMap and from Pro) do not seem to encounter this same problem. It is only my older services, and all of them, which encounter this problem. I actually just downloaded to gdb then published new services. This is obviously not ideal, as I had to reconfigure all of my maps and apps again, but it was the only way I could get the new fields to appear in the widget. 

0 Kudos
ScottEvans6
New Contributor III

That is very concerning. A lot of our data depends on dates too, which get overwritten during republishing. Even though there is a script to overcome that, this seems like more trouble than it is worth. I will call and try to get some more information if I can. Thanks for the info!

DanielleKulas
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Scott,

Is that script you mentioned available somewhere online, and could you point me there? I'm very interested in being able to replace overwritten dates/names during republishing with the true data! 

Danielle

0 Kudos
Katie_Clark
MVP Regular Contributor

Had the same issue as well. I had to change the WebApp to use the "SmartEditor" widget, which luckily works just fine for our needs, but hopefully Esri is able to fix this soon. 

Best,
Katie

“The goal is not simply to ‘work hard, play hard.’ The goal is to make our work and our play indistinguishable.”
- Simon Sinek
0 Kudos
ANRGIS
by
Occasional Contributor

We just ran into this issue. 

Were you adding the new fields with ArcGIS Pro by chance?

Just curious. We've been finding that the cross-platform editing becoming more of an issue, introducing inconsistencies and potential issues.

0 Kudos
ScottEvans6
New Contributor III

We added the fields using the web map

0 Kudos
ToddLusk
New Contributor III

No, ArcCatalog.  We turned the services pointing at this feature class off, added the fields in SDE through ArcCatalog, then refreshed the service.

0 Kudos
ScottEvans6
New Contributor III

Oh ok. Yea we use thew hosted features. I actually was able to get it to show up eventually. I re added the layers into the web map, then deleted the old one. Clear the the browser cache, and it seemed to work. 

0 Kudos
LiviaBetancourtMazur
New Contributor III

We just had the same thing happen to us and we used ArcGIS Online Assistant to edit the JSON of the web app and it worked - the new attributes that we wanted to add to be edited now appear on the web app. However, the new attributes still do not appear on the web app configure window. At least they appear on the final product that users will see.