How do I create a filter widget using web app builder that contains optional queries?

09-25-2015 01:31 PM
JosephSegretto__GISP
New Contributor III

I am building a web applications using the web app builder.  The end users of the web app are interested in querying the data on up to 3 different fields.  I can create a filter widget that forces the end user to make a selection for each field, but I cannot create a filter that allows them to pick and choose which of the fields they want to query. 

The three fields are: Distance (Double), End Product (Text), and Top Ten (Text).  Ideally I'd like the end user to be able to create a filter that uses any combination of result from the three fields.  The distance query I am using the operator "is at most", so the user can enter any distance they choose.  The End Product field contains is a list of 12 unique values.  Ideally I'd like them to be able to choose either <any> or a combination of 1,2, or 3 end products.  Top Ten is a text field that stores Yes or No.  Again, I'd like to be able to choose <any>, Yes, or No.

Does anybody have any suggestions for me?

Joe

0 Kudos
1 Reply
RickeyFight
MVP Regular Contributor

Joseph,

I am not 100% sure this can do everything you want but it is a start.

daFiter/localLayer_filter · GitHub

0 Kudos