How Can I Specify Valve Type in Isolation Trace?

07-19-2017 09:32 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

We have a web app for utility isolation trace on our water network.  When we run the trace, it highlights all system valves needed to isolate the water main break.  It works fine, but it highlights ALL system valves, including the curb stops.  I need to know how to modify the python code in the configuration file to specify just the valves I want.  In my map I use this definition query; ValveFunction = 'IS' AND LifeCycleStatus <> 'ABN' AND LifeCycleStatus <> 'RMV'  to specify active isolation valves.  All our curb stops and isolation valves are in the same feature class, wSystemValve, differentiated by ValveFunction.  I'm pretty sure the portion of code I need to modify in the isolation trace config is:

param4 = arcpy.Parameter(name='WSystemValve',

displayName='WSystemValve',
direction='Output', datatype='GPFeatureLayer',
parameterType='Derived', enabled=True,
category=None, symbology=None, multiValue=False)

We downloaded the isoloation trace from the ESRI website, so we didn't write this code.  And I only know enough about python to be dangerous!

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I've attached the python code in notepad in case I'm completely wrong in where to modify it.  Or, if I'm looking in the completely wrong place to specify which valves to chose, please direct me to the correct place.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
0 Replies