How can I disable editor capability of a specific attribute or field?

10-23-2019 06:06 AM
adminCentlec
New Contributor III

I have a map service with multiple feature services. I want to disable editor capabilities for one of the attributes of the feature service which uses a sub type. This is also the field I used to create edit template for my feature service, thus, the field is populated automatically when a specific edit template is selected. Now, I am able to do this in the "Configure attributes" hyperlink in Web Map window, but this setting is not inherited by the new web app that uses the map service.  

0 Kudos
5 Replies
RobertBorchert
Frequent Contributor III

Make the attribute Read Only in Pro before you publish it.

or from the web app navigate to the feature and configure pop up.  Select the attribute you do not want to edit and uncheck the box to edit that attribute

0 Kudos
adminCentlec
New Contributor III

I tried option 2 in your reply but it does not work. The field is still visible and editable.

I will try option 1, thanks.

0 Kudos
RobertBorchert
Frequent Contributor III

Hmm the option 2 should have worked. did you click save after configuring the pop up.

Personally I have I have switched to configuring that in Pro 100%, once I figured out some tips on how to do it properly.

0 Kudos
adminCentlec
New Contributor III

I tried option 1. It also failed, rather it removed the edit template. Thus, the feature services are no longer editable. This only happens in portal web app builder, but in the map service window, the attribute is grayed out. So the functionality is inherited, but the editable template is disabled or removed in portal web app builder. 

0 Kudos
ThomasHamill
Occasional Contributor II

Has a solution been found for this scenario?

Kindest Regards,

t
0 Kudos