Hi every one, why can't I see widgets and templates in Arcgis online?

Jump to solution
01-25-2017 04:11 PM
ManoochehrKheradmandi
New Contributor

hi every one,

i want to use and extend some of widgets and themes of web app builder in arcgis.com or arcgis online, but i can't see them when I click on web app builder button for developing app.

How can i solve this problem?

is this problem due to my account or my browser or s.th like this?

so thnaks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Manoochehr,

> Must I install Developer Edition of Web AppBuilder on my PC for using widgets in ArcGIS Online?

No, you don't need to. If this is the case, then you should just use the Web AppBuilder embedded in ArcGIS Online. As I said previously, it is not available for a public or level 1 account. You need to have a level 2 organizational account to access Web AppBuilder.

> I think Developer Edition of Web AppBuilder is necessary for developing widgets and themes in Portal for ArcGIS.

Actually, you can also use Web AppBuilder Developer Edition with your ArcGIS Online organization. You might choose this option if you want to use 3rd party custom widgets in the builder experience.

Hope this helps,

View solution in original post

4 Replies
DerekLaw

Hi Manoochehr,

> i want to use and extend some of widgets and themes of web app builder in arcgis.com or arcgis online, but i can't see them when I click on web app builder button for developing app.

I'm not clear on what exactly you're asking:

Are you saying you don't see the Web AppBuilder application at all when you click the Share button from the ArcGIS Online map viewer - which suggests you perhaps only have a public or level 1 account; or

Are you saying in Web AppBuilder - there is no developer button/option? Which is expected behavior because Web AppBuilder embedded in ArcGIS Online is NOT customizable. You should use Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS Developer Edition, which is available here,

Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS (Developer Edition) | ArcGIS for Developers 

Hope this helps,

ManoochehrKheradmandi
New Contributor

Must I install Developer Edition of Web AppBuilder on my PC for using widgets in ArcGIS Online? I think Developer Edition of Web AppBuilder is necessary for developing widgets and themes in Portal for ArcGIS. Am I Right?

0 Kudos
DerekLaw

Hi Manoochehr,

> Must I install Developer Edition of Web AppBuilder on my PC for using widgets in ArcGIS Online?

No, you don't need to. If this is the case, then you should just use the Web AppBuilder embedded in ArcGIS Online. As I said previously, it is not available for a public or level 1 account. You need to have a level 2 organizational account to access Web AppBuilder.

> I think Developer Edition of Web AppBuilder is necessary for developing widgets and themes in Portal for ArcGIS.

Actually, you can also use Web AppBuilder Developer Edition with your ArcGIS Online organization. You might choose this option if you want to use 3rd party custom widgets in the builder experience.

Hope this helps,

ManoochehrKheradmandi
New Contributor

So thanks.

0 Kudos