Handling null dates in the Edit widget

11-10-2017 08:35 AM
KeithHupperts
New Contributor III

Hi All,

I have a web app with a feature class and a related table.  In the related table there are numerous date fields to track when specific stages of a project are reached, like DateSubmitted, DateRejected, DateResubmitted, DateInvoiced, etc.  In all there is around 30 different date fields in the table.

My problem is that when I start editing with the Edit Widget, open the feature table, then open the related table, and then update one date, let's say DateSubmitted, from null to the current date (or any date), the rest of the date fields (DateRejected, DateResubmitted, DateInvoiced, etc.) are also updated.  They use to be empty, but now they display 12/30/1899 12:00.00AM.  See below...

I've looked for a setting in the app or the widget but don't see anything.  I've also ensured that Null values are allowed in the attributes.  

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance,

Keith

0 Kudos
5 Replies
rgomes
by
New Contributor III

Hi Keith,

In your map you can set the Feature Templates and set Default Value specifing a date.

Have you tried?

KeithHupperts
New Contributor III

Hi Rafael,

Thanks for the idea.  But this is a issue on editing the related table, not creating the feature.  I've always thought Feature Templates where to help create features and not for editing related records. 

Regards,

Keith 

0 Kudos
AndrewMurphy2
New Contributor II

What version of ArcGIS Portal / Server / Desktop are you using? We seen this happening in version 10.5. If the feature access service was published from ArcMap 10.5 as is, then the value would stay null. However if the setting was changed in the Advanced section when publishing the service to define a timezone (non-UTC) nulls starting getting populated with that date. Looks like a bug.

KeithHupperts
New Contributor III

Thanks for the reply Andrew,

The service was published from ArcPro.  I think it was version 1.4 (It was published by another person) and he mentioend something about the advanced settings.  I'll get back to him and see if used the advanced settings.  If so, I'll log a bug with Tech Support.

Thanks again,

Keith

0 Kudos
AndrewMurphy2
New Contributor II

Keith, had it confirmed by support that this is a bug that is resolved in ArcGIS Server v10.6.1 (#BUG-000111131 [Enhancement] If a time zone is set on a feature service in ArcGIS Server, if edits are not made on the date field and the date is null, the date field will auto-populate with 12/30/1899.)