Group filter widget in webapp does not recognize my CSV layers added from web location. Anyone know how to change this?

03-07-2019 10:27 PM
Mark_Mudryk
New Contributor

Group filter widget does not recognize my CSV layers added from web location. Anyone know how to change this?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Mark,

Are the CSV layers hosted in ArcGIS Online/Portal for ArcGIS? You mentioned that the CSV layers were added from a web location, so I suspect that's what is causing the issue at hand. According to our documentation:

"You can create filters on hosted feature layers, ArcGIS for Server feature service layers, and ArcGIS for Server map service layers that have associated attribute data. You cannot create filters on map notes or features imported from a file" (Apply filters—ArcGIS Online Help | Documentation ). 

Hope that helps! Let me know if you're still encountering the issue, and I'll be happy to continue troubleshooting. 

0 Kudos
Lu-chiaChuang
New Contributor III

Just an idea. I wonder if it is possible to use Arcade to create a custom expression that changes unwanted item value to zero (or NULL). This could act as a pseudo-filter. 

0 Kudos