group filter more than one

08-10-2017 02:56 PM
YoavRappaport
Occasional Contributor

I'd like to use more than one group filter at a time. That way the user can go down the list of filters picking the criteria one fields at a time. I know this can be done in the regular filter, but I need the group filter so that it will operate on more than one layer at a time. Any suggestions or OOTB tool that will do that?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
James_001
Occasional Contributor II

Yoav, I believe you are working on web app developer edition 

• Make a copy of group filter folder and paste it on different location and rename it GroupFilter2 or any other name.
  • Also, change the name of all other widget files those have the name GroupFilter.
  • Put this renamed folder GroupFilter2 back to the widgets folder, now you can access it in your app.

path is here:

WebAppBuilderForArcGIS\client\stemapp\widgets\GroupFilter

Let me know how it is working.

0 Kudos
YoavRappaport
Occasional Contributor

Thank you for the suggestion. I wanted to know if there was a non dev way of doing it. I don't think it is possible.

0 Kudos
James_001
Occasional Contributor II

No, you cannot do it on nondev version.

0 Kudos
RandallClark_CSUF
New Contributor II

So if we are working in WAB Dev edition, we can use two group filters if we follow the outline workflow? 

Has anyone tried it?

0 Kudos
CESPEDESLUISITD
New Contributor III

Good morning,

This is not working. I know this is old, I am using 2.8 now and when I do copy the GroupFilter folder to a new location within our server and rename it, it still affects the original GroupFilter.

I created a new folder with all the original code of GroupFilter. I renamed it FireFilter. I changed the manifest file code to the new folder name. I have modified the widget to do what I need, but for whatever reason, when I add the original GroupFilter widget to work along with the new FireFilter, they mess each other up. The configurations gets corrupted depending on which widget you used first.

If I open Group Filter and set a filter, then open the Fire Filter, the Fire Filter settings are gone. The same if I do the reverse.

What am I missing that both filters are seeing that is corrupting each other?

Thanks

0 Kudos