Geoprocessing widget result url doesn't open in new tab

Jump to solution
12-13-2015 06:40 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm thinking this was an unintentional feature update recently...?

We have a geoprocessing service that generates a pdf and returns the url link which can be clicked on to open the PDF and save it. Previously, clicking on that link opened the PDF in a new tab, but a recent change seems to make it open in the same tab.

Frustrating in that, if you forget to "right-click - open link in new tab", then clicking the back button reloads the website and requires the user to sign back in.

We are using the Launchpad theme. Have tested in Chrome and IE with same results.

Would be interested to know if anyone else is able to replicate this and if there is any reason not to change it back?

Cheers,

-Paul

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JunshanLiu
Occasional Contributor III

This is a new bug we introduced in December release, the target="_blank" is removed when we sanitize HTML. This issue should be fixed in next release.

View solution in original post

9 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Paul,

Have you tested in other themes. I did a quick check of the code base and I don't see a change in the code (such as removing target="_blank" from the anchor element) that would cause this.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Robert

Thanks for the reply.

Not sure why it's doing it then - do you (or anyone else reading this) experience the same behaviour?

I have just tested the Billboard, Box, Dart, Foldable, Jewelry Box and Tab themes and all exhibit the same behaviour. To clarify, this is built using AGOL so should be the latest templates available to all.

All users in the office here experiencing the same thing, across different browsers, so doesn't appear to be a PC, browser or user specific setting that I can see, unless anyone has a suggestion to check there?

If you are unable to replicate and if it would help, email me direct and I could set you up with a temp login so you test it yourself.  paul@gpsit.co.nz

Cheers,

-Paul

0 Kudos
JunshanLiu

This is a new bug we introduced in December release, the target="_blank" is removed when we sanitize HTML. This issue should be fixed in next release.

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks Junshan.

TiffanySelvidge1

I am experiencing this problem with the latest webapp dev release with Portal. Is there somewhere we can go in the code to fix it ourselves? The users of my app will not remember to right click on the links and will be frustrated with having to use the back button and redo their search.

The link opens in a new tab just fine in the infowindow. It is the attribute table that is causing problems and unfortunately is what my users will be looking at.

0 Kudos
JohnGrogan1
New Contributor III

Was this fixed?  I am experiencing the same issue.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

It appears to work fine now for us - using templates on AGOL. I couldn't say for Portal/WAB dev edition though.

JohnGrogan1
New Contributor III

I logged a fault with ESRI UK and it is under investigation.  It's in AGOL.

0 Kudos
JohnGrogan1
New Contributor III

It's AGOL I'm using.  I'm returning it as an HTML anchor.

0 Kudos