Geoprocessing widget only connects to GP service in Portal WAB, not WAB Dev. Server thing?

Jump to solution
01-14-2016 01:12 PM
ColeAndrews
Occasional Contributor III

Running WAB dev 1.3, Portal 10.3.1.

When using the WAB built in to Portal, the geoprocessing widget successfully connects to the GP services without hesitation. The validation screen looks like this and shows the toolbox with the task name underneath.

However, in WAB Dev 1.3, the GP widget stalls when connecting to GP services. After pasting the GP service REST URL and clicking validate, the task name displays but there is not a toolbox. If you choose that task and click "Set" for the task, the GP widget endlessly shows the loading bars and won't continue to the widget configuration. Tried the "Add from Portal for ArcGIS" option and got the same result. Attempted to do the same thing in WAB 1.2. Same result. Tried in other browsers, same result.

Anyone using Portal experiencing this same issue? Is it a server config thing, possibly?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ColeAndrews

UPDATE: After multiple esri support teams working on this for a few weeks, it's officially been logged as a bug with the GP widget in WAB Dev.

BUG-000094152: Unable to configure the Geoprocessing widget in Web Appbuilder for ArcGIS (Developer Edition) when ArcGIS Server has Windows Authentification enabled on the web adaptor.

The print widget, query widget, etc., connects to GP services without any issue, but the GP widget routes through proxy.js and won't connect to any sort of service. It returns a 401 error.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
ColeAndrews
0 Kudos
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

I use ArcGIS Online (AGOL) not Portal, but I have a few suggestions to check anyway (once again, my iPad ate my previous, almost sent reply...so I'll try this again)

• Did you follow the instructions here Tips and Observations for getting Web AppBuilder -  Developer Edition Installed  but in Portal instead of AGOL.
  • when you first fired up WAB develop edition, did you give it the Portal URL and the AppID created for that?
  • the AGOL version is usually the first to have updates, then the WAB dev edition, then Portal...is it possible you are trying to use something that is now different in WAB dev edition (I will try to edit after sending with links to the what's new sections...but trying not to lose what I am typing now)   edit: check out what's new sections etc for 1.3 and 1.2 fro  August in Web AppBuilder Developer Edition - Customization Resource List
  • you question title, you mention "WAB dev server thing"   I just want to make sure you are using full Portal, and not the free AGOL dev license, which I believe has limitations.  If you are talking about the Portal that comes with ArcGIS Server, or thru EDN, ignore this comment.
  • Secure services...permissions....proxy...etc?

those are a few things I can think of, but it may also help if you add or clarify a few of the questions I had about your Portal software.

0 Kudos
ColeAndrews

It's full Portal 10.3.1. WAB dev connects to Portal and everything else has been working fine so far. Portal is secured behind the corporate firewall, but the feature services and GP services are not "secured" beyond that. Because I can interect with Portal items from within WAB dev, and I'm sourcing a web map on Portal for the app and it's accessing the feature services just fine, I'm not sure why it would be restricting GP services.

I'm hoping someone on here who uses Portal can validate if they are having the same issue or not, before going the esri support route.

0 Kudos
ColeAndrews

Additional details: Using WAB integrated with Portal, the GP widget works properly and will execute with an output. Importing the functioning app to WAB dev and launching it, the GP widget exists but it is missing the input options before clicking execute. Looks like this:

0 Kudos
ColeAndrews

UPDATE: After multiple esri support teams working on this for a few weeks, it's officially been logged as a bug with the GP widget in WAB Dev.

BUG-000094152: Unable to configure the Geoprocessing widget in Web Appbuilder for ArcGIS (Developer Edition) when ArcGIS Server has Windows Authentification enabled on the web adaptor.

The print widget, query widget, etc., connects to GP services without any issue, but the GP widget routes through proxy.js and won't connect to any sort of service. It returns a 401 error.

0 Kudos
NicklasRichards
Occasional Contributor

Hello Cole,

Based on your screenshots of the issue, I am experiencing a similar issue in the native WAB in AGOL. Has this been resolved by Esri support or have given any update?

Thanks!

0 Kudos