Filter Widget (cannot read texts) on black Dashboard Theme

Jump to solution
11-08-2017 05:54 AM
Ramon_de_Leon
Occasional Contributor

When the Filter Widget is used, the text cannot be read for the filter titles as it seems the text have the same color as the background. 

Cannot find any options to customize the text or color on the widget itself to make it work. The only option is to change the color of the dashboard theme to gray, but would really want to have the black theme for dashboards.

Does anyone know an easy workaround for this?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Ramon,

OK, I missed that. To fix that you need to add this new css rule to the [install dir]\server\apps\[app#]\widgets\Filter\css\style.css (all the way at the bottom of the file):

.jimu-single-filter-parameter .prompt{
  color: #ffffff;
}

View solution in original post

5 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Ramon,

I am not seeing that issue . Have you made custom changes to any css files in your app?

0 Kudos
Ramon_de_Leon
Occasional Contributor

Hi Robert,

The text "blah" in your screenshot is the "hint" text... the "Prompt" text which should be above the drop-down box is not visible because it is the same color as the background.

But that can be a temporary fix for me, just use the "hint" text for the time being until Esri fixes the issue.

Thank you very much.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Ramon,

OK, I missed that. To fix that you need to add this new css rule to the [install dir]\server\apps\[app#]\widgets\Filter\css\style.css (all the way at the bottom of the file):

.jimu-single-filter-parameter .prompt{
  color: #ffffff;
}
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Ramon,

FYI, this has been identified as a bug and will be fixed in a future update.

Hope this helps,

RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Ramon,

Don't forget to mark this question as answered by clicking on the "Mark Correct" link on the reply that answered your question.

0 Kudos