Edit Widget Not Recognizing Editable Feature Layers

07-24-2015 08:32 AM
mpboyle
Occasional Contributor III

I'm using WAB developer edition v1.1.  I have an AGOL web map that contains 6 feature service layers as well as 2 map services.  Within AGOL I can edit all the feature services.

However, when I select the same AGOL web map to be used in WAB and I go to configure the Edit widget, the Edit widget says 'No editable feature layers are available'.

Ideas for why this is...?

My feature services are non-versioned.  ArcGIS Server is 10.3.  feature service SDE is 10.3, SQL Server 2014.

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
8 Replies
AmyKlug

Ah yes. This is a huge problem with WAB and widgets in general. I don't believe they have an answer for this.

Layer does not show up in attribute widget list

0 Kudos
XiaodongWang
Esri Contributor

Matthew,
I not sure that is a bug or not, would you mind share your webmap as public and share the itemId if that does not concern some confidential matters, or just share a editable feature layer url, let me test again.

0 Kudos
mpboyle

I believe there's a bug in the Web AppBuilder developer edition.

When a feature service layer has labels applied to it (create labels with AGOL, not labels are part of the map service) within the referenced AGOL webmap, the Edit Widget in WAB will not recognize any feature services.  If labels are not applied to any feature services within the AGOL web map, the Edit Widget in WAB will work.

I also believe this is specific to the developer edition of WAB.  If I use the WAB from AGOL on the same web map, and feature services have labels created, the AGOL WAB will work.

0 Kudos
AmyKlug

I found a kind of solution to this until it gets fixed. If you create a copy of your web map (using save as) and then use the map widget to reference the new map your layers will show up and at least won't have to create the app all over again. You might still have to re-customize field names to show up in the pop up boxes and things like that though

0 Kudos
XiaodongWang
Esri Contributor

Maybe this problem is caused by have never opened the setting page of Edit Widget (add more than one widgets at once time will not open setting page).

This issue had been fixed in Developer Edition1.2.

As a workaround, please reopen setting page of Edit Widget and make sure that all layers have been checked, then saved setting page.

Cannot Use Edit Widget in Web AppBuilder: Application Does not recognize Editable Layers

0 Kudos
AmyKlug

It has been happening with the attribute table widget. Should I start a new thread? When I add a new layer it does not recognize it unless I save a copy of the web map and reference the app to the new map but then I loose my field customizations for all layers

XiaodongWang
Esri Contributor

Thanks, Amy, You are correct, this problem has been added to the WAB issues list, so do not need a new thread. Will fix it in the next release (online3.10).

0 Kudos
AmyKlug

With the attribute table widget it also does not recognize capital letters of the alias field names

0 Kudos