Duplicate related data records in popup

03-21-2018 02:30 PM
GavinRunyon
New Contributor III

I published a map image layer of our water main pipelines which has two many-to-one relationship classes to a table of project numbers that has as-built drawings as attachments. The primary key for both relationships is a project number field in the project table, and the foreign keys are project number and abandonment project number fields in the water main feature class. In both ArcPro and the web map on our Portal, I can see both relationships and navigate successfully to the corresponding records. However when I view the popup in web appbuilder, it shows two links but they are duplicates of the project number relationship.

If you click either of the Main - Project table links it takes you to only 7159. Another map image layer of laterals correctly displays two separate relationships to project and backflow tables. Is anyone else have issues with multiple relationships to the same table not displaying correctly in web appbuilder?

6 Replies
Jianxia
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Gavin,

This seems data specific issue. Could you share your sample data with us to take a look?

0 Kudos
venkateshkattamuri
New Contributor

I am facing similar issue, did you find any solution??

In my case, I can see multiple relationship classes in the ArcGIS REST Services Directory.

0 Kudos
Jianxia
Esri Regular Contributor

Can you provide us a reproducible sample or data?

0 Kudos
Jianxia
Esri Regular Contributor

If you can not share the data publicly, I would recommend to contact Esri Support Service and let me know the case number so I will follow up. Thanks.

0 Kudos
venkateshkattamuri
New Contributor

This seems to be a strange issue with ArcGIS server, It is happening when I have a combination of Relationship class and Relate in MXD for that feature class.

In this case I have a Feature class with 1 Relationship class (simple) and 3 Other relates in MXD file, when I published this MXD, All relates working fine, but the relationship class is getting generated 4 times.

Refer to below screenshot, which shows 1 Relation ship class and 3 Relates.

This is the relationships list from ArcGIS server directory. The relationship create via Relationship Class (19) got duplicate 3 times.

Here I choose to create relationship class when related table need to be Read/Write, and create in MXD when the related table is read only.

I have tested this multiple times and this is occurring every time when there is combination of Relationship class and Relate.

I am using ArcGIS Enterprise 10.5.1

0 Kudos
GavinLemley
New Contributor

Fellow Gavin, here. I had this same issue and just found the solution. You need to remove any layer relates in ArcPro (right click on layer, "Joins and Relates"...) and publish the layer using only relationship classes for your relates. Even though the layer relates don't come through when publishing to AGOL, they seem to somehow remain attached in the background and clash with relationship classes. Hope this works for you too!

0 Kudos